Selling My Ls400

post-17879-1118726246_thumb.jpg

What is the best way to advertise my Lexus? A year ago I advertised my Honda CR-V on AutoTrader.com and did not get one call. I finally sold it on ebay but took a beating on it. What are your thoughts of Cars.com? It's expensive. Is it worth it? Have any of you sold a car off of it?

Mine is a 1998 LS400 with 79,900 miles on it. It's white with tan and has navigation, dealer installed K40 with laser, and 18" chrome rims. It's been serviced at every interval and received all of the recommended services. I'm wanting $19,750. I have several more pictures that I've taken from different angles and of the interior including the touch screen for the factory nav system.

Thanks for your help and your advice.

I want your car!! okay I just bought one so I have to wait..

I have bought two cars from Cars.com the format is simple.. So I say go cars.com.. I also recognized that Cars.com uses a lot of published listings. So if you post ad in the Dallas News or what ever it may end up in cars.com free of charge..

One car I bought the guy was like where did you find the add. I stated cars.com and he was surprised since he posted in local paper.

My search was crazy since I work all over the place I was doing 400 mile searches every city I went to.. Good luck.. What are you getting now? You have a beautiful LEXUS!

About the pictures... I enjoyed lookiing at them, but for the most part LEXUS's just look great! A few pics of outside and interior are good, but the test drive is critical..

Thank you! I'm getting a Boxster S. Silver with red leather. I have had the same in the past but had to sell it because it was a second car. I'm going to have it as a daily driver now that I'm not driving a lot of miles per month. I'm a huge Porsche fan!

burt put your car at some place where ppl will see it thats usually the best way my friend in crowley wanted to sell his car and he put it at this lot next to a mechanic and it sold in about a month for a good price theres alot of people in our area and it shouldnt be hard to sell locally give that a try and if it doesnt work then try an online ad but autotrader would work good for a lex maybe because hondas are so common is the reason it woudlnt get any calls

Thank you!  I'm getting a Boxster S.  Silver with red leather.  I have had the same in the past but had to sell it because it was a second car.  I'm going to have it as a daily driver now that I'm not driving a lot of miles per month.  I'm a huge Porsche fan!

You can email us the photos, spec, and prices of your vehicle. We will be happy to pass the words along to your lexus clients. Good luck selling the vehicle sir. jpimportz@yahoo.com

JP Importz

Thanks JP Importz!

The details are on the first panel. I can send you pictures if that will help. Where are you guys located?

You can email us the photos, spec, and prices of your vehicle. We will be happy to pass the words along to your lexus clients. Good luck selling the vehicle sir. jpimportz@yahoo.com

JP Importz

:D I used cars.com and sold my R32 VW before buying my LS400 a month ago. I bought the more expensive package (I think $50) and posted all the pix (12 in all). My car sold in 2 weeks for $400 off the asking price- $500 below what I paid for it new !! It was almost 1 year old with 14K on the clock.

I'm frankly amazed at how many people will not spend an extra $20 to upgrade their ad to sell a $20,000 or up car ! Spend the money- if it gets you a hundred $ extra you've doubled your investment.

I also found my 98 LS400 on Cars.com- $15,000, Lexus checked it and it spec'd as a CPO (but couldn't be certified because of mileage), 86,000 miles, chrome wheels, navigation, air suspension, new rubber ..... It was the deal of a lifetime and I found it on cars.com.

post-17879-1118726246_thumb.jpg

What is the best way to advertise my Lexus?  A year ago I advertised my Honda CR-V on AutoTrader.com and did not get one call.  I finally sold it on ebay but took a beating on it.  What are your thoughts of Cars.com?  It's expensive.  Is it worth it?  Have any of you sold a car off of it?

Mine is a 1998 LS400 with 79,900 miles on it.  It's white with tan and has navigation, dealer installed K40 with laser, and 18" chrome rims.  It's been serviced at every interval and received all of the recommended services.  I'm wanting $19,750.  I have several more pictures that I've taken from different angles and of the interior including the touch screen for the factory nav system.

Thanks for your help and your advice.

Very nice car and all, but you cant get anywhere near that much for a 98. w/80K. Because at that point, people rather buy 90K+ because 1.) They are cheaper, 2) they dont want to spend $1200-$2000bucs for the 90K service.

But good luck.