Who Has Done The Swap? 1jz Or 2jz Into A Sc400

I'm about to begin the project of a lifetime. I'm swapping either a 2jzgte or a 1jzgte into my sc400. I'm also converting it to a manual transmission. I'm looking for some other people that have done the swap so I can ask a few questions and get some advice. Does anyone know of any members on this forum that have done the swap?

Cheers!

You should twin turbo it, 2 turbos ,2intercoolers- you can get from junk yard, maybe from eclipes or talon,isusu many choices, 2 air filters and lots of piping, tap into your existing exhaust and of course ecu. Run low boost like 6-8 psi and probably at around 350hp .

Any more boost you better look into injectors and fuel pump and internal mods.

Built correctly this engine can handle well over 1000 hp levels.

Or single turbo,1 large front mount intercooler,1 air filter, cross over exhaust to create single setup tap it into dual or elminate one exhaust, and creat a new 3-4 inch exhaust system.

my 2 cents, and a few other mods will probably be needed.

I know what I'm in for with this one. i've already bought a donor car for all the odds and ends, a 92 sc300 5sp. I've pulled most of the stuff I need out of it. Next, I'm gonna buy a jdm 1jzgte or 2jzgte complete with trans and wiring harness/ecu.

Again, does anyone know anyone that has done this swap?

You should twin turbo it, 2 turbos ,2intercoolers- you can get from junk yard, maybe from eclipes or talon,isusu many choices, 2 air filters  and lots of piping, tap into your existing exhaust and of course ecu. Run low boost like 6-8 psi and probably at around 350hp .

Any more boost you better look into injectors and fuel pump and internal mods.

Built correctly this engine can handle well over 1000 hp levels.

Or single turbo,1 large front mount intercooler,1 air filter, cross over exhaust to create single setup tap it into dual or elminate one exhaust, and creat a new 3-4 inch exhaust system.

my 2 cents, and a few other mods will probably be needed.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I have done the swap. Well accually its in the process as your reading this. I was able to get my hands on a used '95 2JZ-GTE Engine from Japan with low mileage, through some connecitons.

It cam with the Getrag six speed, harnesses, everything. Its completly gorgious. I then went out to the bank and took out a personal loan for an insane amount of aftermarket parts. From TEIN Suspension w/ EDFC, to a full line of HKS parts. Its a dream come true.

I accually just posted if anyone had done this project, sc's are awsome.

Yes I have done the swap. Well accually its in the process as your reading this. I was able to get my hands on a used '95 2JZ-GTE Engine from Japan with low mileage, through some connecitons.

It cam with the Getrag six speed, harnesses, everything. Its completly gorgious. I then went out to the bank and took out a personal loan for an insane amount of aftermarket parts. From TEIN Suspension w/ EDFC, to a full line of HKS parts. Its a dream come true.

I accually just posted if anyone had done this project, sc's are awsome.

Just thought I would ask. How much did you pay for the engine & tranny? Was curious as to what prices I should expect.

It is costing a lot of money, but I was prepared for it. It will be a car to hold onto forever. They just put the engine in yesterday! It looks amazing, my jaw dropped and I just froze when I saw the engine in. Check out the Picture.

Just out of curiousity, which one is lighter, the 1UZ or 2JZ?

i think between the 3uzfe and the 2jzge(NA) is 30 lbs so if you consider the extra weight of the turbo and stuff its probably the same or maybe the 2J is even a bit heavier.