Rx300 Transmision Whining Noise

L3XUS MAN

I took my bro's 2001 rx out today and his transmission felt and sounded wierd compared to my 03's. We both have the 4WD version.

When I started to accelerate I could hear a whining noise (softer to louder, then stop) and sort of a "break" and go feeling right in the middle of accerating. Then while de-celerating the same thing; sort of short "breaks" in the slowing down process. Nothing that seemed dangerous, just unusual. The car also shook a little while picking up speed. I told him about it and he thought I was crazy.

What's wrong with it? It has 52,000 miles on it. Hes a good driver too! Thanks people!!!

I took my bro's 2001 rx out today and his transmission felt and sounded wierd compared to my 03's. We both have the 4WD version.

When I started to accelerate I could hear a whining noise (softer to louder, then stop) and sort of a "break" and go feeling right in the middle of accerating. Then while de-celerating the same thing; sort of short "breaks" in the slowing down process. Nothing that seemed dangerous, just unusual. The car also shook a little while picking up speed. I told him about it and he thought I was crazy.

What's wrong with it? It has 52,000 miles on it. Hes a good driver too! Thanks people!!!

Hate to tell you this, but that was one of the things that happened before my transmission bit the dust. Drop the Transmission pan and filter and look for excessive metal debris.

This is the first symptom that the tranny is going. Tell your brother to get it fixed right away before it dies on the highway and he can't control his speed. It's dangerous, i went through it once!!!

P S Get it in immediately, I could still be covered by warranty. Otherwise you will regret the 4600 dollars plus repair. And do not let Lexus off. Hope you have better luck than I did.