Lexus Experiences - King Of The Road

akewlguy

Well its been an amazing week with my LEXUS.. I know after driving in a 91 Ford Taurus I would be energized, but this car beats all expectations.

Each day I get peole drooling at my car.. Constantly I hear nice 2000 LEXUS.. Ifirst I was proud of my financial savey so I would state I got a wonderful car for less then 10k.. and its a 1993.. Now I say "how did you know" or "yep".

My family including my wife love the LEXUS. Personally I have never been in a car that rides so well. This includes a few of the LEXUS's that I drove with front end issues..

Experiences: At the DMV I had a few people approach me or looking at my car. It stands out when everyone else has an average new or used car. Instantly I have a smile on my face since I have the LS400, but also confidence reaps from the car. I get out hit my little button on the key and it beeps locked.. I look like James Bond at times.

Last week my wife and I went to get ice cream.. It was wonderful to pull up in my LS with the radio and AC kicking and step out of the LEXUS. For the most part everyone gives at the minimum a quick stare. Maybe part of that is to my beautiful wife, but the LEXUS deserves credit. After eating ice cream I recognized that the LEXUS was the nicest car in parking lot. Walking down the hill I recognized there was about 80 cars including VW Cabrio, 03 mustang and others.. Nothing stood out like the LEXUS..

Another situation happend when I orriginally got the LEXUS checked out at Greenwich LEXUS. This is the wealthiest area in Connecticut. For the most part everyone makes 200k+. I was driving down the road and there is BMW, LEXUS, and BENZ everywhere.. I let a few people pull out and recognized the respect you get when you drive a LEXUS. Of course none of them knew mine was a 93 with 7k book value..

One personal spec I did not like on some of the 91-98 was the rims.. The LEXUS I know have has classic chrom rims.. Every aspect of proper maintenance was covered by the owner who was a multi millionare. The guy was like I love this car more then my new convertable BENZ. I get the impression he did not need 3 cars and also was concerned with maintainance costs at dealer.

Well now I am 1400 miles on the road away from the LEXUS, but anxious to look like a million bucks when I get back..

Does anyone know if the thickness of the LEXUS exterior (steel) is less then the BENZ or Crown Vic. I sorta just pounded on the side of a rental Crown Vic an now I am anxious to explore my durability on the LEXUS..

post-17623-1118516173_thumb.jpg

post-17623-1118516184_thumb.jpg

post-17623-1118516201_thumb.jpg

Everyone that sits in and rides in it comments on how nice it is, every once and a while I get a "Nice car" or "I love that Lexus" or something like that but for the most part people don't notice or care. Just fine with me too.

haha kewguy i kno what your talking about i get taht alot here ppl who own brand new car worth around 15k say they wish they had a car like mine i got my 96 for 12k 2 years ago i jus look at them and laugh a little bit but ill say thanx and move on funny how ppl dont kno much about cars i bet half of the ppl taht say they wish they had one could probably afford one lol and about the denting dont try it i have liek 7 dents form some jeolous co worker of mine im going to get them removed any day now got estimates of around $500 glad its not going to need painting that would ruin my car also had my front fender keyed which :censored: me off so now i dont take my car to work ill take my 91 toyota previa which i could really care less about :D its been rear ended about 5 times now and ive made 10k off insurance companys and the bumper still hasnt been fixxed haha owell im gonna keep it untill it dies lol

Pal of mine knows both of my cars well, the LS and GS. He thinks both are great. So what does he do? He buys an Infiniti G35 Coupe. Nice car for sure, but......the build quality is not Lexus, and the noise level and ride quality get a little much very quickly. I keep thinking he could have bought a very nice 2000 LS400 for the same money, or a GS of the same year, and had a very nice ride indeed.

To each his own I suppose. If no one wants older Lexus, then that's good for us.

exactly how i feel SRK if everyone knew how great of a car it is then everyone would buy one lol i kno a friend of mine who bougt a celica GT 2004 model for 23k i respect the fact that he wanted a celica but when i asked ihm why he bougt a celica and not a lexus (ecause he likes my LS alot still thinks its a 2000 model even after i tell him its 96 lol) he told me the could never afford one again i jus laughed at him like the other ppl he could have gotten a really nice LS400 2000 model for 23k with almost all options here in texas dunno y its stuck in ppls heads that a lexus is worth around 50K even used owell should do there homework and realize what there gettin haha owell better for us dont u think :cheers:

A few more extras:

1. White front corner lights (instead of orange): $45

http://www.procarparts.com/store-list2.asp...93&cat=4⊂=23

2. Blue interior lights (primarly floor).. Anyone know stock number and where? $50

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/A...placementGuide/

THIS IS A GREAT LINK WITH ALL INFORMATION ON LIGHT REPLACEMENTS

Funny story is my dad is one of those guys who can and will not listen to their son. So when I stated I was getting a 93LS he for the most part thought I was iggnorant. Well now he is in love with the car. It's really funny.. On top of that the money I save yearly on taxes and insurance is thousands of dollars.

I love this car and the minor amounts of money to repair normal maintenance is still thousands less then the taxes on a new Saturn or Ford. On top of that my new career as a financial/investment advisor people think I am making a fortune. I look the part as a rich prep kid with the hot chick, but my 70k salary is nothing to brag about!!

I will show more pictures of the interior when I get home..

SRK- Yeah but if he was looking for a sporty coupe he wouldn't be happy with the LS400 or even the GS. The G35 is a great car with a great engine, great handling, good styling etc. Lexus doesn't make anything that competes with it...until the new IS coupe comes out.

As much as we love our cars, they're not for everyone.

SRK- Yeah but if he was looking for a sporty coupe he wouldn't be happy with the LS400 or even the GS.

That's true, except that he just loves riding around in the GS, and goes on and on about it. And his other car, which I maintain for him, is a 1969 Ferrari Daytona, so I can't figure out why he wanted the G35. I thought he would go to the upmarket luxury tourer kind of thing. The LS, well I'll admit I can't see him driving one of those.

Around here Lexus cars are very common and not anything people make a fuss over. My car has been keyed once for no apparent reason...people these days. I get comments from people at dealerships, drive-thrus, etc from time to time. No one believes that my LS is a '95, and getting them to believe it has over 256k miles is a problem. B)

I am from eastern CT and LEXUS's are also sorta common.. Not that many nice LS400's or new, but there are some ES300s.. Amazing to me is down here in Georgia, Macon to be exact there is a lot of them.. Its sorta funny... Once again more of the ES and older versions..

In Western CT there is a ton of new everything. Including LEXUS's.. All types and models.. Cheers to LEXUS

That's true, except that he just loves riding around in the GS, and goes on and on about it.  And his other car, which I maintain for him, is a 1969 Ferrari Daytona, so I can't figure out why he wanted the G35.  I thought he would go to the upmarket luxury tourer kind of thing.  The LS, well I'll admit I can't see him driving one of those.

Who knows, to each their own I suppose.

kewlguy if u wanna see some really nice cars drop down here to texas in the southlake area all youll see is S600's, S65's, SC430's, LS430's, 750Li's u name it youll see it ll the way up to lambos and ferraris i saw numerous ferraris and lambos at my sons football games its like a car show lol

I suggest you focus more on enjoyoing the car and your life, and worry less about what other people think your car is worth. These are great cars so just enjoy them for what they are and forget about the status. Trust me, you'll be happier that way!

ya jasons right although i wish ppl would stop worryin bout my car at work and leave it alone now i cant drive it to work

$500 for dent removal and i still havnt got the front right fender fixxed from when someone keyed it :chairshot:

I just enjoy driving it. Its a car and being outside around other people and out of my control it will get damaged from time to time but if you don't enjoy it then you've wasted your money.

Personally I dont give a rats as. what people think about me or my car, but when you have only had a 91 Taurus you feel like a million dollars in a LEXUS!! On top of that to see my supermodel wife getting out of my Lexus at the hot spots I feel like a billionare!!

Also I have only had this car for 3 weeks.. Two of them on the road far away from my new love!! Amazing to think I am someone who is far from being interested in cars, but this LEXUS has unleased a lion.

As for the east side of CT we have Bentleessss, S600's, S65's, SC430's, LS430's and 750Li's.. I guess there is a lot of money every where...

Its interesting but my desire to succede in politics and finance does require that you play and look the part. If I were to meet up with some million dollar clients in a 91 Taurus they would think no way in hell am I going to take advice from this guy.. At the best they may think I am frugle, but I doubt it.

When I look at others cars and see the inside dirty and full of crap I think that person is probably dirty. When I see a car with smoke issues or serious wheel problem I recognize that person does not take care of their property. So a car can and will make a huge difference in a persons initial opinion of you..

Cheers to LEXUS!

Aren't these in conflict?

Personally I dont give a rats as. what people think about me or my car

and

On top of that to see my supermodel wife getting out of my Lexus at the hot spots I feel like a billionare!!

Actually I get excited when I talk about my car so my grammer at times is off..

I just mean its nice to see my wife enjoying something we own.. At this pace we will take over the lead with most posts (400 vs 300)

My life rocks and I love the fact that everyone who sees me in MY LEXUS thinks of success!!! My only feedback is from those who say "nice car", "I like your LEXUS" or "you look good in that car".. So if this is bad for me to state my excitement then I am sorry I crossed your path..

Obviously enjoying life as a successful young professional is great, but with a LEXUS its even better!!

When I am on the road I have a driver who brings me to my places, but it does not effect my business. :)

Sometimes I get to excited so I go a bit over board.. Sorry if this offends any of yaaaa allll..

I am on the road and I study for an hour for the series 7 then take a break on the net..

I really appreciate you guys.. With out you I would have bought some piece of crap like a Ford, Crysler or Chevy.. So thanks a lot for all the advice over the past month!

Damn. Now this thread has got me looking at old Lexi. I was just down at the car wash and some chick drove up in a gray LS400 and parked off to the side. I drove by her on the way out, but as I had thought, she had met up with some dude in a red pickup truck. :cries: