No A/c

i went to put my a/c on cause it was 90 degrees outside and all that blew out was hot air. i popped the hood and i noticed that the a/c compressor clutch i believe it called was not spinning. i need help please.

And keep in mind - If you're needing to recharge your system - that means you have a leak. It may be big and fast or small and slow - but all in all it is leaking. Recharging it may keep things cool for a while but once the refridgerant is gone - it'll run warm again.

You may want to get it leak tested before wasting the money on recharging. I had mine tested (they can use soapy water and look for bubbles or use a colour gas) and then did a patch up repair ... and its run great for about 3 years now ...

good luck

same question as rich21's..

how much is per pound of r12 in the united states.

a local store which does basically ac stuff, told me that any recharge they charge flat rate of 300 + tax.

does that sound ok? my appoinment with them is tomorrow.

thanks for the info guys.

can i get that stuf in pepboys, auto zone, or advance auto parts? if its only 15 bucks then im doing it. i just got a price of 100 bucks to charge my system.

Dear VGR and everyone,

i was checking on ebay for the cans. everyone wants a copy of EPA certified proof before shipment.

there are some alternative r12 available in cans such as freeze12, maxfreeze and such.. which you SHOULD NOT USE. based on propane it's extremely flamable. the owner of the mechanic shop that i go to, was explaining to me: when he went for semenars for mechanics they showed them a video about a guy in a camaro lighting up a lighter inside his car and the whole car burst in flames.

reason explained was: u need recharge=u have some leaks. and being very flameable material it can ignite easily. these items are usually illegally imported..

the only 2 approved product in the usa are r12 and 134a.

now my question is: Should we do retrofiting to 134a. has anyone done it.. and how does it work? i read some posts kinda regarding retrofitting last year.. i couldnt find them in search anymore..

please let us know.