"sticking" Side Mirrors

flukechance

My first prob with my GX.

When going from reverse to drive, the mirrors are "sticking" and not going to their original position in memory. I have to put the truck in Park and push the memory button about three times to get the mirrors to the correct position.

Anyone else have this problem?

When going from reverse to drive, the mirrors are "sticking" and not going to their original position in memory.  I have to put the truck in Park and push the memory button about three times to get the mirrors to the correct position.

Yes, unfortunately, I came across this problem with the driver's side mirror on my '05 GX 470 last week. Tomorrow a technician from the local dealer is coming out to my house to replace the mirror.

I bought my GX in February, and it has about 6K miles on it. This is the second problem I've had with it so far (the first was a slight leak in the charcoal canister that caused the Check Engine light to always come on). I have to say I'm surprised and a bit disappointed by this. I expect better from Lexus.

Mark

When going from reverse to drive, the mirrors are "sticking" and not going to their original position in memory.  I have to put the truck in Park and push the memory button about three times to get the mirrors to the correct position.

The miror will likley need to be replaced,untill then place the mirror switch in the center position,not in L or R and the mirrors will not go down in reverse.

The miror will likley need to be replaced,untill then place the mirror switch in the center position,not in L or R and the mirrors will not go down in reverse.

I had the problem with my Left Mirror, unfortunately the only thing they can do is to replace the WHOLE mirror, when the order it, make sure the take down the correct info from your vin because when I went in the had ordered the WRONG COLOR and I had to come back anohter time to have it replaced.

I've had this problem occasionally with my driver's side mirror on my 05 - sometimes driving the mirror around to its limits will allow it to work correctly again - be warned though that several other people have reported the same problem and one had his mirror replaced and the problem still came back - it seems to me that the mirror is functioning correctly and the computer module that controls it is the problem - just an educated guess though - hate to tear the door apart and have the same problem because of a poor diagnosis. Overall I've had several small issues with my new GX (first Lexus) and am surprisingly dissappointed with the alleged "Lexus" reputation...

OK.....

I just got my GX back and the mirrors work, but now I noticed that the driver's side does not go down as low as the passenger's side does. Is this right?

Somebody PLEASE go out to their GX and put it in reverse and tell me if the driver's side is supposed to drop down lees than the passenger's side.

Thanks!!!

OK.....

I just got my GX back and the mirrors work, but now I noticed that the driver's side does not go down as low as the passenger's side does.  Is this right? 

Somebody PLEASE go out to their GX and put it in reverse and tell me if the driver's side is supposed to drop down lees than the passenger's side.

Thanks!!!

After they replaced my driver's side mirror, I noticed this as well and asked them. It's by design. The passenger side mirror angles down more supposedly to allow you to see the curb more easily.

Mark