Question About Sprint Bluetooth Phones

Update... I also experienced that the 1.12 Sprint update fixed the call waiting problem in my Lexus RX400h. Thank goodness. It's useable again! (I was using the 1.08 update.)

That's fantastic news, congrats! I had to turn mine off and use my bluetooth headset until Verizon comes out with a similar fix. Anyone know if another carrier's update will work on Verizon? I know, dumb question but I'm desperate!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with Sprint and Verizon Bluetooth phones is that they don't transfer phonebooks, they will pair with the system and work but you can't store quick dials and such into the Lexus system, you'd have to dial them from the phone. Sprint and Verizon have decided not to allow transfering any files over Bluetooth to force customers to use their pay per use data services.

So far only bluetooth phones from the GSM carriers, Cingular and T Mobile will work to transfer phonebooks.

Hey Guys,

I have a Cingular phone (Razr) but have not been able to download my phone book to the car. Is there a trick to this??

Jon

------------------------------

Hey Guys,

I have a Cingular phone (Razr) but have not been able to download my phone book to the car. Is there a trick to this??

Jon

------------------------------

Hey Jon, I have the exact same phone and it was tricky at first, and the annoying part is you gotta do each number one by one unfortunately, but here's how...

Assuming you've already figured out how to get your phone working with your car, on your Lexus navigation screen go to: Telephone, Settings, Transfer phone... Hit ADD, and it should say Send Contact from Phone or something, and the Lexus will automatically disconnect your phone from itself. Then, go to the desired number in your Razr phonebook, and hit the Phonebook Menu button. (in between EDIT and VIEW) Scroll up one to SEND, and select. Your phone should now ask you to select which handsfree device to send it to. Hit select, and Ta-da! it should transfer. Make sure you hit OK to make sure the Lexus saves the number. Now just repeat these steps 400 times until you store all your numbers!

Now hopefully you won't have my problem, which was after I had input most of my phone book, every time I would try and send a new listing, the phone would keep sending this one contact number over and over again. For whatever reason I had to edit each contact and change it slightly before I sent it, and then it would send the right number. Annoying!!

hope this helped!

Bruce

• 4 months later...

This forum has a title relating to Sprint but appears to apply to others so I'll interject my recent findings with my Motorola V551s Cingular phone! My wife and I both have V551s and found it a little cumbersome but nevertheless acceptable to 'switch' phones whenever using the RX400h. I have made two significant observations worth your consideration.

1) I attempted to transfer an entry from my phone yesterday using the same technique as in the past but it would NOT work :angry: . I then discovered that I was attempting to transfer a number that was in the "Phone" memory. I copied it to the SIM in the phone and voila, I was able to transfer it. Lesson learned by me was that transfers will work if the entry is in the phone's SIM. It might be related to the fact that "Phone" entries have more options.

2) The other observation is that I find my phone battery will last longer if I turn off power to Bluetooth in the phone when I'm not expecting or want to use the feature while in the car. I have found it more convenient to use the cellphone in the conventional manner when not driving. The 'connection hesitation' when Bluetooth is active and I dial a number from the phone is really bad. The pause is very confusing to the person I've called. My wife must recharge her phone more frequently because she leaves Bluetooth active on her phone at all times. I've programmed my phone to make access to "Connection" from the phone simple and easy and I have Bluetooth Power in the Off mode most of the time. ;)

Am using Sprint TREO 650 and Samsung A900 with no issues other than an occassional call received message that is not really a call and requires disconnecting and reconnecting blue tooth. Did not transfer phone book and using them as simple phone peripherals to the Lexus.

• 2 weeks later...

Am using Sprint TREO 650 and Samsung A900 with no issues other than an occassional call received message that is not really a call and requires disconnecting and reconnecting blue tooth. Did not transfer phone book and using them as simple phone peripherals to the Lexus.

MySamsung A940, always pairs, half the time calls go in and out from car, other times no car audio only through phone. Impossible to predict.

Tried a cingular Moto. connected and showed power bars, I never get with the 940. Seems to work flawlessly. but I'm not ready to spend more money and pay cancellation fee for Sprint, to change.

I will try to change phones in Sprint, if any will work reliably.

Are the connections with 900 or 920 solid through the car audio?

I'm ready to just use the Bluetooth earpiece and chuck the car connections.

I have tried disabling and enabling bluetooth and turning phone off and on, to no avail.

Still never know if phone is going to work through the car audio system!

Thanks for any advice!

MySamsung A940, always pairs, half the time calls go in and out from car, other times no car audio only through phone. Impossible to predict.

Tried a cingular Moto. connected and showed power bars, I never get with the 940. Seems to work flawlessly. but I'm not ready to spend more money and pay cancellation fee for Sprint, to change.

I will try to change phones in Sprint, if any will work reliably.

Are the connections with 900 or 920 solid through the car audio?

I'm ready to just use the Bluetooth earpiece and chuck the car connections.

I have tried disabling and enabling bluetooth and turning phone off and on, to no avail.

Still never know if phone is going to work through the car audio system!

Thanks for any advice!

I've been using a Sprint Treo 650 for about a month now. I've probably had 25 or 30 calls (80% outgoing) in the 400h. All have worked flawlessly. I transferred my phone book with no problem -- except that it transferred the first number for each contact, making some of it useless -- I'll re-do this once I reorganize my contacts in the Treo. I've had to reset the bluetooth twice. In each case, it was after I had reset the bluetooth on my phone to add other devices (headset and laptop). But, that was it.

By the way, the Treo alone is a great phone. The 400h alone is a great SUV. The two together are greater than the sum of the parts.

i am a treo 650 owner as well (cingular) with good results using it bluetooth in the 400h. Another member posted that you can make a 'quicklist' on your treo of all the numbers you want to transfer and beam them over that way. just make sure you have only one number associated with each name.