Chrome Bars That Cover The Headlights And Bumper?

mmcmonster

Hi.

I'm a new Lexus owner and will be picking up my RX330 in a couple weeks. B)

I'm a little worried about someone taking the headlights in addition to the routine bumper scrapes and stuff.

I've seen some other lexuses in the area, and they have a chrome bar that partially covers the headlights and maybe the bumper as well.

What is this called, and who should I get to install it? Is it something I can just tell the dealer to put on before I pick up the car (That would be optimal). Also, how much does this go for?

Thanks,

MMC

Hi.

I'm a new Lexus owner and will be picking up my RX330 in a couple weeks.  B)

I'm a little worried about someone taking the headlights in addition to the routine bumper scrapes and stuff.

I've seen some other lexuses in the area, and they have a chrome bar that partially covers the headlights and maybe the bumper as well.

What is this called, and who should I get to install it?  Is it something I can just tell the dealer to put on before I pick up the car (That would be optimal).  Also, how much does this go for?

Thanks,

MMC

No idea..never seen anything like you say anywhere on an RX330

is it like a pushbar???? any pics?

I guess pushbar is the correct term. Doing a google search for lexus pushbar gives this link to an item on ebay.

About one in ten RX 300/330s in New York seem to have this (my guess. :) ). My question is, how to get ohne installed? Can most lexus dealers take care of it?

Thanks,

MMC

On my 2003 rx300 i had a grille guard. It's polished stainless steel. looks like chrome. it has 2 bars vertically on both sides of the front grille and b/t the 2 headlights, and has a 2 bars wrapping around the headlight assembly. It also had 4 thinner bars...it's hard to explain, but that's what it's called. It worked very well and protects everything. Unfortunately there isn't one for an rx330. i have already looked everywhere. only a black one.

http://dealsofsteel.com/include/images/ProLexRX.jpg

The grille guard for the rx300 was made by manik. The one for the rx330 is Waag.

http://www.waag.com/showroom/173.php

there are many different companies that make these, you just have to keep looking around. I liked the manik one b/c of the look and shine. It was about $750 as i remember. It saved me a few times. It has a lifetime warranty so it can always be replaced no matter the accident. It really protects the front bumper too. I would reccomend it to anyone. And it's direct bolt on; took my dealer about a 1/2 hour with 2 guys. It's not a problem.

I have been waiting for a polished stainless steel grille guard for the rx330. As soon as they make one, i will get it. it will go great with the dark blue. I guess any color will do. Just make sure that you adjust it before opening the front hood. There are 2 handles you need to pull back to allow the hood to open upwards. I only made this mistake once LOL.

I guess pushbar is the correct term.  Doing a google search for lexus pushbar gives this link to an item on ebay.

About one in ten RX 300/330s in New York seem to have this (my guess.  :) ).  My question is, how to get ohne installed?  Can most lexus dealers take care of it?

Thanks,

MMC

These bars are nice and all for appearance but I got to wonder how effective they are a protecting the vehicle, especially the ones over the taillights...

What I would be interested in is some kind of undercarriage protection (skid plate, etc) that would allow slightly more off road capability without harming the expensive drive train components of the 400h.

Anyone seen this kind of thing offered for the 300/330/400h

I guess pushbar is the correct term.  Doing a google search for lexus pushbar gives this link to an item on ebay.

About one in ten RX 300/330s in New York seem to have this (my guess.  :) ).  My question is, how to get ohne installed?  Can most lexus dealers take care of it?

Thanks,

MMC

These bars are nice and all for appearance but I got to wonder how effective they are a protecting the vehicle, especially the ones over the taillights...

What I would be interested in is some kind of undercarriage protection (skid plate, etc) that would allow slightly more off road capability without harming the expensive drive train components of the 400h.

Anyone seen this kind of thing offered for the 300/330/400h

http://www.waag.com/showroom/175.php

the lowest one i can find. looks worse than the other one

personally i think the ones that cover the headlights and are chrome look better and are more protective...ofcourse they r more expensive

LexKid630, Do the grill guards really protect against or deter theft of the headlights? That is my main concern since our RX330 will be driven back and forth between NY and NJ (2 areas known for Xenon headlight theft). Also, what is the price for the front grill guard and rear bumper guard? I cannot locate it in the Waag site you referred to. Thanks.

personally i think the ones that cover the headlights and are chrome look better and are more protective...ofcourse they r more expensive

LexKid630, Do the grill guards really protect against or deter theft of the headlights? That is my main concern since our RX330 will be driven back and forth between NY and NJ (2 areas known for Xenon headlight theft). Also, what is the price for the front grill guard and rear bumper guard? I cannot locate it in the Waag site you referred to. Thanks.

I'm not sure about the rx330, but on the rx300 there were 2 levers you could easiely pull to move the grille guard back to open the hood. This might allow enough room to take out the headlights. I'm not sure if there are levers on the 330. Does it need to be moved back to open the hood? I'm not sure i don't have one....I bet it'll scare away theives though. It looks hard to get around.

sorry i'm not totally sure if the lights can be removed with the guard on. and the price of the stianless steel grille guard for the rx300 was $750. The black ones (the only ones available for the 330) are much less, probably like $300. The rear ones i have no idea. Most likely less.

good luck.

I'm not sure about the rx330, but on the rx300 there were 2 levers you could easiely pull to move the grille guard back to open the hood. This might allow enough room to take out the headlights. I'm not sure if there are levers on the 330. Does it need to be moved back to open the hood? I'm not sure i don't have one....I bet it'll scare away theives though. It looks hard to get around.

sorry i'm not totally sure if the lights can be removed with the guard on. and the price of the stianless steel grille guard for the rx300 was $750. The black ones (the only ones available for the 330) are much less, probably like $300. The rear ones i have no idea. Most likely less.

good luck.

Thanks for your response, LexusKid630, I am not sure the grill guards will be enough of a prevention measure since they sound easy to remove, though they are worthwhile to consider for bumps and scratches. However, I would not opt for this add-on if not for the headlight theft issue.

It's better than nothing. Thieves might "think" that it prevents the lights from being removed. What do they know! LOL

and it does prevent scratches a lot. nothing can get passed the bars. If it's like a vertical wall or something. It's very nice. Lifetime warranty too. worth it all.

I have one of those chrome grill guards on the front of my rx. I purchased it when i bought it and they put it on for me free of charge. The guard itself was $ 600. I like it very much.