Paint Problems

Absolutely, I have a two-toned 1998 Black/grey ES 300. The paint (grey) on my front bumper is chipping. It also looks terrible. I am considering to purchase a touch-up pen but from the looks of it, it may take me 8 hrs to complete the project b/c of so many small paint chips. Wise to mention that my paint began chipping the moment I started parrell parking on a college campus....should have known better.

Has anyone had great success w/ touch-up pens?

I have a black 2000 ES300 that has paint chipping all over the vehicle!  Although the sides have less chips, it looks horrible!  Any one else noting a paint problem?

I don't have a problem with paint chips in my black '01 ES. If you're indeed saying that chipping has occurred on all portions of your vehicle (top and bottom, front and back), it sounds like the primer was not properly applied on the car. Did you notice the chipping when you purchased the ES used? Was this car ever involved in an accident?

In order to really remedy the problem, a repaint of the whole car would be a viable yet expensive solution. You're looking at maybe in the range of $3000-$4000 for a decent job from a professional body shop (not Maaco-style).

My old 1999 rx300's front bumper had a ton of chips in it. It was also the black/gray. I guess all the rocks and sand on the highway got the best of it. Even the clear coat was pealing off a lot. The paint was horrible. All i did was touch it up, rub it with steel wool, and wax it. It looked better than it did before.

Some areas of the country and types of roadways just lend themselves to chipping. Also unfortunately new CAFE standards make newer paint chip easier than older paint. The solution? Always have a clear bra installed on any new car you buy, I wish I had and I will on my next car.

I have a black 2000 ES300 that has paint chipping all over the vehicle!  Although the sides have less chips, it looks horrible!  Any one else noting a paint problem?

I don't have a problem with paint chips in my black '01 ES. If you're indeed saying that chipping has occurred on all portions of your vehicle (top and bottom, front and back), it sounds like the primer was not properly applied on the car. Did you notice the chipping when you purchased the ES used? Was this car ever involved in an accident?

In order to really remedy the problem, a repaint of the whole car would be a viable yet expensive solution. You're looking at maybe in the range of $3000-$4000 for a decent job from a professional body shop (not Maaco-style).

No unusual problems with my 01 either. I have the regular & minor 'hood' paint chips but nothing serious. B)

:cheers: