Installing Navigation On An Rx300

LexKid630

Is it cheaper just buying an rx300 that already has navigation, or buying an rx300 without the navigation, and INSTALLING IT.

Can it be done? Which is my best bet? how much of an @ss is it to install? how much $$$ to install?

• 2 weeks later...
Is it cheaper just buying an rx300 that already has navigation, or buying an rx300 without the navigation, and INSTALLING IT.

Can it be done? Which is my best bet? how much of an @ss is it to install? how much $$$ to install?

I bought an rx300 w/o navigation thinking that I would install it at a later time as well. It turned out that the oem parts (dvd-rom, screen and stereo assembly) are so expensive that it was not even practical to do it. I ended up installed an aftermarket system (Pioneer brand for about $700).

you got some pics of your set up?

I bought an rx300 w/o navigation thinking that I would install it at a later time as well. It turned out that the oem parts (dvd-rom, screen and stereo assembly) are so expensive that it was not even practical to do it. I ended up installed an aftermarket system (Pioneer brand for about $700).

its a big pain 2 install it urself but u can get a better NAV then the lexus one 4 round' the same price. like 2k u can get a nav that has mp3 and WMA playback, vioce recognition and measures your cars' perfomance. itsfrom pioneer. but the downside 2 it is that its ugly and notin dash and u have 2 change the cds for far away destination.....after marker looks ugly cuz it sticks out ofur console......just buy 1 from the dealership cuz u can enhance your car with it. its ard 2 expain but its fun 2 show off LOL....i'd go with the dealer NAV if i were u

Are you looking to put nav in your 04 RX ? I can get you a OEM nav for the 04 if that is what you are looking for. Around $4000.00 B) Dealer parts dept. cost will be about $15,000 The option costs $8000.00 and they have to order it from japan if they can even get one. They are installed on the assembly line and I have never heard of anyone buying from a dealer and installing themselves. The wiring harness is integrated into the body harness at the factory. You will need a custom made harness if you get a OEM nav. Do you have the dvd entertainment system ? I have 1 on hand and ready to ship with complete install instructions [ it's not difficult just time consuming ].

Are you looking to put nav in your 04 RX ? I can get you a OEM nav for the 04 if that is what you are looking for. Around $4000.00 B) Dealer parts dept. cost will be about $15,000 The option costs $8000.00 and they have to order it from japan if they can even get one. They are installed on the assembly line and I have never heard of anyone buying from a dealer and installing themselves. The wiring harness is integrated into the body harness at the factory. You will need a custom made harness if you get a OEM nav. Do you have the dvd entertainment system ? I have 1 on hand and ready to ship with complete install instructions [ it's not difficult just time consuming ].

No, i already have an rx330 that has navigation. I was just wondering how i would put it in an rx300. I'll just keep looking for an rx300 with navigation.

• 3 weeks later...

Where did you mount the aftermarket navigation? In the center console, below the shifter? I'm trying to figure out how to upgrade to a nav but realize the only way to do this is to add a separate display screen and mount it --- but where? Do you know anything about Eclipse navs - would you recommend them? Anbody out there recommend Eclipse?