Lexus Damaged My Car!

So here's the deal-

Tuesday morning I brought our 2002 CPO into Lexus for the first time since we've owned it. Wednesday afternoon, they called and said it was ready. I come to pick it up, they bring it around, and the first thing i notice is the windshield molding that had completely worked its way out on one side was not fixed to my liking. I call the service technician over and show him, and he goes to get the windshield guy. While I'm waiting, I open the door, and there's a HUGE oil/grease stain on my BRAND NEW floor mat. So I call the technian over AGAIN, show him the stain. He was very apologetic, and took the mat and was able to completely get the stain out. So after I make another appointment to get the windshield fixed, I go home. By the time I get home, it's after 6, service deptartment is closed. As I'm walking around the car, the sunlight hit's the bumper and I see what's looks to me to be a slight crease, like it had been backed into something. I get right up to the bumper, and not only is there a crease, but what looks to be a "1" and an "S" imprinted backwards on my bumper, like whatever they hit had raised numbers and letters on it. Under that, there are 2 small creases that extend up to 12 inches. This is all on the drivers side corner of the back bumper.

Now the way I'm explaining, it probably sounds really bad. Honestly, it's not that bad. It just really makes me mad that this happened. Lexus of Memphis has been WONDERFUL so far, so we'll see how this plays out. But I would go so far as to say they buffed this area to make it look better because I'm sure whatever they hit scratched up the bumper.

So Thursday afternoon, I call and ask to speak to the service manager. He's not in, so i talk to some woman who was apologetic and she says he'll call me in the morning. Friday, the same woman calls back and says the service manager is not going to be in for the rest of the week, but wants to set up a time for me to come by so they can see it. I will say she was already making plans for me to have another car while mine is being fixed.

So I guess my questions are: Has anyone else experienced this? What should I be on the look out for? Does Lexus do their own body work? Should I just let it go becuase nothing's going to be as good as my factory paint?

I'm going to try to post some pictures once I find my digital camera.

I really appreciate everyone's input!

well- from my experience with stealships and my cpo- is they send the car out- i don't think any dealer does their own body/paint work in house anymore.I know my own former dealer (Lexus of Westport/Fairfield)sends cars down the street to some local oil change place and bills us 55 bucks a pop.Unreal.they probably send out the cars to do paint too.

here's a valuable tip- call Lexus Customer service and explain what happened. they will bend over backwards to help you because they want to win the jd power award for the 14th straight year...I called them after my stealership declined to replaced my headlamp(had condensation) which was covered under warranty. Then the service clowns kept blaming me for it. that said, the customer service rep had the manager call me the next day and they made me bring in the car for the replacement. saved me about $400.00.

My Lexus dealer does this:

As soon as you pull your car in for service, they have a guy check out the car for scratches, dents, dings, or whatever. He marks the location of the defects on a pad that has an illustration of a car. He than shows it to you, and if you agree with his findings, you sign this paper. This will prevent false accusations when you pick up your car. Clever? :blink:

As soon as you pull your car in for service, they have a guy check out the car for scratches, dents, dings, or whatever. He marks the location of the defects on a pad that has an illustration of a car. He than shows it to you, and if you agree with his findings, you sign this paper. This will prevent false accusations when you pick up your car. Clever?  :blink:

even for an oil change? I think they only do that for services over $75. :geek:

As soon as you pull your car in for service, they have a guy check out the car for scratches, dents, dings, or whatever. He marks the location of the defects on a pad that has an illustration of a car. He than shows it to you, and if you agree with his findings, you sign this paper. This will prevent false accusations when you pick up your car. Clever?   :blink:

Yes, even for an oil change! This checkout is done to any car that's brought in for any type of service. Actually, it protects the car owner as well as the dealer. Personally, I like this. :rolleyes:

One thing to remember is , why do they have this condition report.

I wouldn't deny the dealerships have damaged a few cars over time but i am also sure their have been even more owners blaming damage on a car because tehy are a luxury maker and think they will foot the bill in the value for your buisness.

Last month when i had my 03 rx300, the moonroof wouldn't open so i gave it to the dealer to fix. 1 week and 140 miles later :censored: , it was fixed but there was greese on the wood part of the steering wheel, and the interior smelled like smoke! They gave the exterior a wash and there were no vnew scratches. Only 140 mysterious miles!! don't know where those came from!

Too bad this happens, my dealer has been good so far and have a good history. Meade Lexus of Lakeside, Mich. Every dealer has its screw ups. People pay big bucks at dealers thinking they get better service, sometimes worse. When I hear this junk going on I keep the caution light on when I go to the dealer.

Timothy

As soon as you pull your car in for service, they have a guy check out the car for scratches, dents, dings, or whatever. He marks the location of the defects on a pad that has an illustration of a car. He than shows it to you, and if you agree with his findings, you sign this paper. This will prevent false accusations when you pick up your car. Clever?   :blink:

LOL an oil change at my dealer is $250...

Anyways, sorry that happened. My previous dealer did the same thing. I hope they make proper amends to you for it.

Unfortunately sometime accidents just happen, as long as they're willing to own up to it I'd be happy. My dealer wasn't as willing, so I took my business elsewhere.

even for an oil change? I think they only do that for services over $75.:geek:

LOL an oil change at my dealer is $250...

Anyways, sorry that happened. My previous dealer did the same thing. I hope they make proper amends to you for it.

Unfortunately sometime accidents just happen, as long as they're willing to own up to it I'd be happy. My dealer wasn't as willing, so I took my business elsewhere.

What exactly do they do for $250?? That sounds pretty outrageous. :angry:

Oil change and tire rotation, thats it.

The other dealer I was using charged $160...and their labor rates are only a couple bucks different so I'm going to start looking for independent shops.