Rx330 Tail Lights

ucla107

Hi,

Can someone tell me whether the tail lights on the RX 330 is LED or is it just a regular bulb? I saw the RX 400h brochure and it specifically says LED taillamps, but it doesnt say so on the RX 330 brochure...

I also looked at the manual for the RX 330 and does say it uses a 5W 168 type bulb.

Does anyone know about it? How much would you think it is to convert it to LED?

Thanks!

A 5-watt 168-type bulb is a regular incandescent bulb.

There are a few folks on this forum who have converted various lighting fixtures on their vehicles to LED. Perhaps they'll chime in here with the details.

The back up lights on the 2004 RX 330 are so dim the car should be recalled as unsafe for backing up at night. I wish Lexus would step up and offer a solution!

The rx330 rear taillights ARE LED's, not bulbs. I am 100% positive! The 3rd brake light is also made of led's. The back-up lights, and directional lights are NOT led.

To tell if a car has led's or bulbs do the following: Follow one while driving!

- Normal bulbs take longer to illuminate then led's do. Since in a bulb there is a filiment, it takes time to heat up to produce the light, and takes longer to cool off. It's sort of a fade. look at an average light bulb in your house. Turn it on, it doesn't fully glow THE SPLIT second you turn the switch, it takes maybe 2 split seconds lol. It might appear instant, but wait until you see an led; there's a difference!

-if the lights come on "instantly" then they're led's! It's a little hard to explain, it's just the way led's are made. A chemical reaction in an led takes place MUCH quicker then the time it takes for a piece of metal to heat up in a light bulb lol Just notice how much faster the rx330's lights come on compared to an average car. Get behind an average car and an rx330 and see. You'll notice!!! It will hurt your eyes just trying to figure out how they come on so fast lol

Pretty much all car spoilers that have a 3rd brake light are led driven too. Notice how the spoilers will light up faster than the outer brake lights will, which are usually bulbs.

So yeah, they're made of led's lol And the 400h's are as well. hope this helps

The fog lamps and front directional lights are bulbs too. The front headlights are xenon's, which are neither.

The white light from the gauge cluster (as far as i know) is coming from a cold cathode, which is also neither a bulb nor led. The green light from the center console is bulb. Notice how much heat it creates. Led's create NO heat unless they are with too much electricity. LED stands for light emitting diode; no where does it mention heat lol :D

In case you wanted to know :P