Factory Tinted (no Film) Driver/passenger Windows?

sponderelli

I have an '04 LX-470. There are 3 problems I've encountered when adding aftermarket tint FILM on front driver and passenger windows. 1. They usually don't match the color/shade of the factory side and back windows. 2. Tint FILM can bubble/scratch over time. 3. Tint FILM can be harder to see through at night than embedded factory tint. Someone out there should make factory tinted driver and passenger side windows that match the factory tinted windows. The Lexus stock CLEAR factory windows are part #s: 68101-60311 and 68102-60311. Anyone know of someone producing factory-like internally tinted windows? :cheers:

I don't know about Florida, but the degree of tint on the rear passenger and rear cargo areas of some SUV's and minivans would probably not be allowed on the driver and front passenger side windows here in Kansas and several other states nearby.

Here the front side windows must be fairly lightly tinted - don't remember the percentage - something about the police needing to get a good look at drivers.

By its nature, tint can be easily damaged (including scratched) if cleaned with paper towels and/or with harsh window cleaning products such as those containing ammonia. Some tint shops sell special silicon based cleaning products like "Solar Majik" that can be used with a soft cotton cloth to clean tinted windows. There are a few compatible cleaning products available in stores.

I have never had a problem with bubbling (or scratching) on either of the cars I have had tinted - I suspect there was an installation problem on your car if you have bubbling. Perhaps you got a warranty on your tints that would allow the problem to be corrected at no cost to you. My tints have a lifetime warranty.

I have the darkest tint allowed by Kansas law on the front driver and passenger side windows and it is not difficult to see through at night. But my experience is with only one brand and color of metalic tint except for the rear window which has non-metalic tint because of the imprinted radio and phone antennas.

If I had the maximum allowable tint on the rear side and rear windows, I agree that it would be difficult to see through at night.

I too wish that Lexus and other manufacturers would offer more darkly tinted windows in the U.S. market - I noticed that some car manufacturers do in some other countries. I suspect the problem is that various U.S. states (and some cities) have different standards. For example, last time I checked, the maximum tint % allowed is different in Kansas and Missouri.