Dash Needles?

Hi I just bought a 1992 SC400 98,000 Miles and I noticed that The speedometer, the fuel gauge and the Temp Gauge no longer light....they were flickering for a while and now just darkness.....Is this a fuse issue or something only a dealer can fix? and if it is a fuse issue....and I know this will sound silly but where are the fuses located on this car?

:blushing:

Hi I just bought a 1992 SC400 98,000 Miles and I noticed that The speedometer, the fuel gauge and the Temp Gauge no longer light....they were flickering for a while and now just darkness.....Is this a fuse issue or something only a dealer can fix?  and if it is a fuse issue....and I know this will sound silly but where are the fuses located on this car?

Hate to be the one to tell you this but it's not a fuse. I has the exact same problem. You need to take it to the dealer and get them to pull the dash and replace the meter board. That'll cost you about 1000 I think. While you're at it you might as well have them replace the boards for the fuel and temp gauges because they're going to be the next to go and you don't want to have to pay twice for the labour to pull the dash.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi I just bought a 1992 SC400 98,000 Miles and I noticed that The speedometer, the fuel gauge and the Temp Gauge no longer light....they were flickering for a while and now just darkness.....Is this a fuse issue or something only a dealer can fix? and if it is a fuse issue....and I know this will sound silly but where are the fuses located on this car?

I havew had experience with Lextech Lighting, and I cannot recommend then to anyone until they make things right foir me. Right now, they will not answer my eamails asking for help. Before the sale they promise the world and after the sale they 'don't know you', because 'they are way too busy to do the work accurately'. They' take a cluster off the pile' pull the needles, stick new ones on (sometimes) and on to the next'. All their talk of carefully calibrating and checking each unit is Bull$%&*. They live in the eworld, yet they can barely express themselves thru emails. Can you se4nse that I am a little unhappy with them ?

vman1100... java script:emoticon(':censored:', 'smid_16')

:censored:

• 2 weeks later...

I havew had experience with Lextech Lighting, and I cannot recommend then to anyone until they make things right foir me. Right now, they will not answer my eamails asking for help. Before the sale they promise the world and after the sale they 'don't know you', because 'they are way too busy to do the work accurately'. They' take a cluster off the pile' pull the needles, stick new ones on (sometimes) and on to the next'. All their talk of carefully calibrating and checking each unit is Bull$%&*. They live in the eworld, yet they can barely express themselves thru emails. Can you se4nse that I am a little unhappy with them ?

That's a complete lie. No body responds quicker through email. Go tell that jive to someone else. Then post lies a bit more. Every sentence of that was pure lie. Do you have nothing better to do?

That's a complete lie. No body responds quicker through email. Go tell that jive to someone else. Then post lies a bit more. Every sentence of that was pure lie. Do you have nothing better to do?

LLS, I have nothing but good things to say about your services, Just my .02 cents :cheers: