Going In For My 45,000 Check Up... Suggestions ?

OK, taking the 2001 ES300 to the Dealer for its maintance check. It is a Certified vehicle and the vehicle is in perfect condition. What things will they do ? What should I look out for ? How much for a basic check ? Should I request Synthetic oil on this change ? Ideas ? Suggestions ? Thanks, George

OK, taking the 2001 ES300 to the Dealer for its maintance check.  It is a Certified vehicle and the vehicle is in perfect condition.  What things will they do ?  What should I look out for ?  How much for a basic check ?  Should I request Synthetic oil on this change ?  Ideas ?  Suggestions ?  Thanks,  George

Read your maintenance manual for specifics. If you want to switch to synthetic, I suggest you not get it changed at the dealer.......their prices are astronomical for a synthetic oil change. B)

:cheers:

Just had my 45,000 mile service done, on my 2001 ES300. I have an independant mechanic so it cost about $200. However, the cost I paid my not be indicative to where you take your vehicle. The one thing I would suggest is that you make sure you change your cabin filter, as well as your air filter. I didn't know that until it was pointed out to me. :cheers:

Just had my 45,000 mile service done, on my 2001 ES300. I have an independant mechanic so it cost about $200. However, the cost I paid my not be indicative to where you take your vehicle. The one thing I would suggest is that you make sure you change your cabin filter, as well as your air filter. I didn't know that until it was pointed out to me.:cheers:

jasver, is the cabin filter to change? Roughly how much is the part? :unsure:

jasver, is the cabin filter to change?  Roughly how much is the part?  :unsure:

Bren, the A/C filter is very easy to change, just like the air filter. Only problem is its location, which is the right of your gas pedal and behind some carpeting. Not a lot of room in there, but it can be done. No tools required, and you'll definitely need a flashlight for this job.

If you have your owner's manual, the A/C filter install instructions are explicitly stated in there :)

You can either call the Lexus dealer and ask for a list of items serviced at 45k or you can request a booklet w/ the details. At 45k, I wouldn't expect to pay over $200 total. However, if the technician discovers areas that need attention and work...you never know. If they find something wrong, they will make recommendations and confirm with you if you would like to proceed with the fix.

I believe Lexus recommends Durablend, a semi-synthetic oil. There is a wealth of posts on this site that you can search for regarding synthetic oil use.

jasver, is the cabin filter to change?  Roughly how much is the part?   :unsure:

Bren, the A/C filter is very easy to change, just like the air filter. Only problem is its location, which is the right of your gas pedal and behind some carpeting. Not a lot of room in there, but it can be done. No tools required, and you'll definitely need a flashlight for this job.

If you have your owner's manual, the A/C filter install instructions are explicitly stated in there :)

Thanks Doug, I guess that's an item that is replaced say once a year? And go with a factory filter as opposed to an aftermarket one? B)

Thanks Doug, I guess that's an item that is replaced say once a year?  And go with a factory filter as opposed to an aftermarket one?  B)

It all depends on how often you turn on your A/C, but I wouldn't go overkill and replace it every year. Maybe once every 30K miles is good enough. And as far as I know, I've never heard of an "aftermarket" version of our A/C filter :lol:

Just had my 45,000 mile service done, on my 2001 ES300. I have an independant mechanic so it cost about $200. However, the cost I paid my not be indicative to where you take your vehicle. The one thing I would suggest is that you make sure you change your cabin filter, as well as your air filter. I didn't know that until it was pointed out to me.:cheers:

jasver, is the cabin filter to change? Roughly how much is the part? :unsure:

Geo,

I'll have to check my paperwork. I'll get back to you directly.