Sorry To Say I Am Turning Down My 400h

Come on, runflats do make a difference but there is no way to make a sports car ride like a Lexus, they're just two different kinds of cars geared to do two different types of things. Handling and low ride with low spring travel equals stiffer ride, its just a given.

I'm not comparing the C5 to all Lexus vehicles, just the RXs. I drive them back-to-back quite often and the C5 feels just as comfortable traversing uneven pavement as does the RX. Of course, the C5's center of gravity is much lower, so rounding curves in the C5 can be completed at much higher speeds. Now maybe if I were comparing the C5 to an LS430............. :blink:

After my second test drive I noticed that the materials inside are not of high quality.  Of course the fit and finish is very good, but the materials are not.  I drove a black interior 400h and the doors panels have plastic in them instead of leather.  My Honda mini van has leather in the door panels.  The plastics on the center console does not come up to what the price should dictate.

I ordered a GS430 that looks like it is worth what I will pay for it.  I was going to put wood in the 400h and add some after market items to spruce it up, but the GS430 comes with everything I want and it is only a about 9K more with a V8.  The V6 is less expensive than the 400h. 

Sorry guys, I wish the 400h came up to more luxorous standards.

Well..I own a RX330 and a BMW X5 and i have to say the BMW "feels" more solid

tactilly than the Lexus. The doors on the RX feel alot lighter than the X5, yet, that said, the Lexus drives alot smoother and quieter and handles cleaner than the X5

just my opinion

• 1 year later...

it wouldn't make sense for them to make such an earth friendly car with a wood interior.

What materials are considered earth friendly?? I mean most of the so called 'wood' is really plastic, so you aren't killing trees. Fact is, YEA, our RX-400h looks closer to cheap, than ritzy. Just saw an article in the paper saying how the Lexus doesn't sell well in Japan ... where the opinion is that European cars are viewed as being more luxurious. When time allows, I WILL cover all the chinsey metal with fake wood trim, including the steering wheel and shift knob.

it wouldn't make sense for them to make such an earth friendly car with a wood interior.

What materials are considered earth friendly?? I mean most of the so called 'wood' is really plastic, so you aren't killing trees. Fact is, YEA, our RX-400h looks closer to cheap, than ritzy. Just saw an article in the paper saying how the Lexus doesn't sell well in Japan ... where the opinion is that European cars are viewed as being more luxurious. When time allows, I WILL cover all the chinsey metal with fake wood trim, including the steering wheel and shift knob.

I have maple trim and wood steering wheel on my 400. I previosly owned a BMW 525 and the interior on the 400 is much more luxurious to me than the beamer. But then again, I'm not as picky as most.

Guys- let's think it thru- what did we expect for the price that 400h is offered at??-there had to be some sort of compromise.Try to built a BMW or Mercedes- or even Volvo with the same feutures and interior. And than compare the price with 400H -do you get my point now? Of course I'm not so happy with certain feutures and look inside or fuel performance-but at the end it's a fun car to drive and saves the enviroment-even with fuel consumpion far from EPA.

P.S.

Guys one thing is true- to get this car up to promissed EPA you have to be a really patient driveror a slow one- I've tried for a while and gave up-honestly- driving this car like you'd drive any other (non hybrid) you can't get great consumption-unless you consider 20-22 mpg as an acomplishment. And for guys saying that they easy get 30- please- who are you kidding?? I've 6k on my 400h and there is no way to get that result with a reasonable driving (so at least people behind you will not want to kill you for slowing the traffic).

Remember too, that the honest RX330 owners are getting 16 MPG under normal driving conditions. We average 25 and to me, that is a significant improvement over most SUVs' fuel economy numbers.

Honest-that is really subjective. If you want honest comparison drive 400h same way the "honest " 330 drivers do and than compare-so when you're talking about 16mpg kind of driving- same would give you 20-22 on 400h. Never better than that. Just turn off your energy monitor and fuel consuption for a while and drive using car's performance like you'd drive a rental car for example. And after few hundred miles check MPG-I can guarantee you'll never get anything close to 30 or even 25.

What this car really gives you is an option to eiher forget about what performance it can deliver and try to get decent MPG or use it as it was desin to with full enjoyment and get ok MPGh

I prefer to use what I have regerdless of MPG.

It's like having a playboy Playmate as a girlfriend and have fun with her only once a monht- I'd rather have it everyday :D