I Broke My Gas Tank Lid Latch

azmalu

I dont have an idea on how to fix it so unless I want my lid to be continually open I have to replace it. Buying it from the dealer it is unfinished and it costs 55 . I m guess my best bet is to go junk yard hunting because I cannot find it online. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to keep it at least closed until I get a replacement. The reason I cannot repair it is because I broke of the plastic clip. If anyone has a repair suggestion that would be even better. 1994 ES300 Champagne colored. Or has someone on the forums wrecked their car recently and has parts to get rid of?

I dont have an idea on how to fix it so unless I want my lid to be continually open I have to replace it. Buying it from the dealer it is unfinished and it costs 55 . I m guess my best bet is to go junk yard hunting because I cannot find it online. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to keep it at least closed until I get a replacement. The reason I cannot repair it is because I broke of the plastic clip. If anyone has a repair suggestion that would be even better. 1994 ES300 Champagne colored. Or has someone on the forums wrecked their car recently and has parts to get rid of?

Is $55 for the whole 'assembly'? IE new fuel door, ralated parts etc? :blink::unsure:

I think I would try Velcro. Others will know what adhesive to use.

You can also get velcro with adhesive backing at hobby stores. Use a bit and when it begins to wear out (loosen), remove it and apply new bits on both sides.

Sorry I should have posted pictures. I will do that tomorrow morning.....The 55 dollar price tag is for an unifinished gas tank lid. So basically that flap that opens that is screwed with two screws to the fram of the car. The clip that broke off is on the door and keeps the mechanis that is depressed in place until you hit the button at the drivers side door. I dont think velcro will work....lemme put pics and maybe yall wil have an answer. tap recycling in cordova california usually has whatever i need but they dont have any in stock so im kinda sol for now....

Sorry I should have posted pictures. I will do that tomorrow morning.....The 55 dollar price tag is for an unifinished gas tank lid. So basically that flap that opens that is screwed with two screws to the fram of the car. The clip that broke off is on the door and keeps the mechanis that is depressed in place until you hit the button at the drivers side door. I dont think velcro will work....lemme put pics and maybe yall wil have an answer. tap recycling in cordova california usually has whatever i need but they dont have any in stock so im kinda sol for now....

I have the same problem. I called the local Toyota dealer, and he said they would fix it for free, no prob.

Till then, I see it as a security feature! (mine just stays closed)- i have to pop the trunk and use the release latch- it may be ghetto, but short term.

:rolleyes: