Registering Rx400 On Lexus.com Owners Site

When I try to register my Rx400H on the Lexus.com/owners site, it doesn't accept the VIN number. Have any of you succeeded? I called customer care and they say the VIN is correct but they also can't get the owners registration site to recognize it. They have kicked it up to technical support, but I'm wondering if it is just my VIN or whether someone hasn't gotten the Rx400H VINs in the owner's site system yet.

When I try to register my Rx400H on the Lexus.com/owners site, it doesn't accept the VIN number. Have any of you succeeded? I called customer care and they say the VIN is correct but they also can't get the owners registration site to recognize it. They have kicked it up to technical support, but I'm wondering if it is just my VIN or whether someone hasn't gotten the Rx400H VINs in the owner's site system yet.

I experienced the same problem with my VIN number last weekend. I tried it several times and double checked the number but no luck. I just assumed they were too new for the system. Let me know if you hear more from customer care.

I've had the same problem.

Ron

I experienced the same problem with my VIN number last weekend. I tried it several times and double checked the number but no luck. I just assumed they were too new for the system. Let me know if you hear more from customer care.

If Lexus.com does not accept the VIN you never get to the page to input other info.

Just tried again and it still will not accept my VIN

Ron

You must use, input, the owner and address EXACTLY as it was typed on the purchase contract at the dealer.

i had this problem when i got my 330. it took almost 4 mos :wacko: to get it all worked out.

when it was all said and done they said it was because:

1) it was built in japan and those take longer to get into the system (which i'm not sure i believe :cries:

2) it depends on how fast the dealership submits the buyers info to lexus.

hope that gives you some hope. :cheers:

wwest, I'm sure that isn't the problem with my VIN number entry. I called Lexus customer service and they were able to put the VIN number I gave them into one part of their system. It came up as correct and had our ownership of the vehicle showing. That tells me that the second issue sandimas3 mentions also wasn't a problem.

Then she tried to register at the Lexus owner's site and got the same result I got. I guess as far as the Lexus website goes, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Like sandimas, the "made in Japan" excuse lacks credibility. The number is in the US Lexus database so that the car can be sold and looked up. Something seems to be broken between that and the owners website.

In general, I feel that Lexus support of its US website lacks the quality that should be provided by a luxury vendor in general. Our experience with the Lexus Owners registration is another example of that.

A user friendly website would not react to a problem like the VIN number not checking as valid by assuming the only answer was a user data entry error. The Lexus site puts up only this message:

We are unable to process the VIN you entered. Please double check that you entered it correctly.

In other words, " it didn't work, you must be wrong".

A user friendly site (and many that I've used do this) would at least put up a button or link for reporting the problem in case the system was wrong. I had to go search to find a phone number I could call to report the problem. We will see how long it takes them to actually fix the problem.

wwest, I'm sure that isn't the problem with my VIN number entry. I called Lexus customer service and they were able to put the VIN number I gave them into one part of their system. It came up as correct and had our ownership of the vehicle showing. That tells me that the second issue sandimas3 mentions also wasn't a problem.

Then she tried to register at the Lexus owner's site and got the same result I got. I guess as far as the Lexus website goes, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Like sandimas, the "made in Japan" excuse lacks credibility. The number is in the US Lexus database so that the car can be sold and looked up. Something seems to be broken between that and the owners website.

patt, same thing happened to me. The customer assistance person looked up my VIN number and she said it was in the system. She descibed my car exactly. She also got the same message when she submittted it to the owner site. She was very nice and apologized for the inconvenience. I suggested, as you said, that the site should give a more user friendly response and she said she would pass it on to tech support along with the VIN problem. She told me to expect a response in a couple days. We'll see ...

Took delivery of my RX 330 over a week ago and I'm still not able to register. Seems like Lexus is not on the ball regarding this. They should have record of the VINs for every vehicle they produce, so registration should be quick and easy. I'll give it another week or so before making some phone calls...

• 2 weeks later...
Called Lexus on Saturday to report the same error.  Anyone been able to register at this point?

:cries:

Got my vehicle about 3 weeks ago, just tried registering today with my VIN number, no luck registering. :(

Had my followup call by Lexus and they acknowledge the problems they have registering VINs should be corrected by the end of next week.

Thanks for letting us know. I'm anxious to get it registered. What are the features of the owners area? Anything besides just your car info?

B)

Here's the update from Lexus on registering cars on the owner web site:

Dear Mr. Hendren:

I do apologize for the delays with the Lexus.com issues. We hope to have this issue resolved by the end of this week.

If you have any further concerns, you can also reach the Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Pacific Time.

Sincerely,

Saul Flores

Customer Satisfaction Representative

Response (Saul Flores) 05/02/2005 12:52 PM

Dear Mr. Hendren:

I have documented your concerns and we are currently doing our best to correct these issues for you. I do apologize for the delays. I will contact you once the condition is corrected.

If you have any further concerns, you can also reach the Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Pacific Time.

Sincerely,

Saul Flores

Customer (Ken Hendren) 04/30/2005 05:12 PM

Still no success - any progress from your side? 4/30/2005 17:05 PDT

Response (Saul Flores) 04/25/2005 04:18 PM

Dear Mr. Hendren:

Thank you for contacting Lexus Customer Satisfaction regarding your 2006 RX 400h. Lexus appreciates the time you have taken to communicate with us.

I apologize that you cannot register your vehicle on our website. I will do my best to get this issue resolved as soon as possible. This may take some time. Expect a response within the next five business days.

Sincerely,

Saul Flores

• 4 weeks later...

Update from Lexus Customer Support on VIN registration:

Dear Mr. Hendren:

The latest information on this issue is that this should be resolved by June 13, 2005. I know that this has been an on-going issue and I sincerely apologize for the delays. I will communicate with you once the issue is resolved.

If you have any further concerns, you can also reach the Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Pacific Time.

Sincerely,

Saul Flores

• 4 weeks later...

I just attempted to register again, still no luck after 2+ months. Still get the "We are unable to process the VIN you entered. Please double check that you entered it correctly." error message. Lexus' web site sucks. Not sure why they can't get their act together, the web site is definitely part of the customer experience.

I had the same problem. I emailed them only to get a return email saying they were having trouble with their site and to try after June 24, asking me if I still had the problem to send a reply. I did and never got a reply! I tried again after the 24th and still couldn't register so I called the 800 phone number. They said they were having trouble and that they would do it. I gave all the info. Now I know they entered the car, but if I go to My Garage the car doesn't show up--just my old one.

It looks like the new owner's registration is working at the www.lexus.com site. This time, the site recognized my VIN rather than "blame" me for incorrectly entering it ;)

:rolleyes: I had never tried to register my cars before today and so I registered my '98 LS400 and it went smoothly and then told me I had an RX400h and wanted to know if I wanted to include it with all the data input from the LS400! It ttold me what color and the VIN of the new car. They've got some of it going right today evidently!

Finally - after 2 and a half months, it worked for me too.

The first thing I noticed is that their profile doesn't accomodate two owners (e.g. husband and wife) on a car nicely. There is one first name slot and one last name slot. The same thing annoys me at the dealers. I hate that I get addressed as Mrs. X when that is my husband's last name, not mine but they just don't seem to comprehend joint ownership of a car or that some women don't change their names when they marry.

Last Friday (July 8th) when I tried to register I received a new message stating that the registartion would be down until July 11. Sure enough when I tried again (for the umteenth time) on Monday it worked! However, I was a little underwelmed with the usefulness of the site.

Patt - I can relate to your comments on last names. My wife and I have different last names and we constantly run into similar issues. Sometimes it is a headache and other times it's just funny to see people's reactions. We put cars in both names, but in our state we have to list one name first on all our cars so that we can do the re-registration all at once around one birthday.

BTW, I picked Stealth as my car's nickname because of the color (Flint Mica/Black) and the fact that the 400h is so eerily quiet. I have to be careful in parking lots when people don't hear me approaching. I only have 3,100 miles so far. :)

gtfrench - I agree about underwhelmed.

The one feature that was the primary reason I wanted to get on the site was the ability to access the online user's manual. I'm hoping it allows download or at least I can print it to pdf because I would much rather have a searchable electronic manual than a paper one. (It is kind of disappointing that they supplied us a CD with the manuals which had tutorials but it didn't have a pdf of the manual which would have been so easy to put on.)

The manual has been "Temporarily unavailable" for several days now. I wonder what their definition of temporary is.

I just attempted to register again, still no luck after 2+ months.  Still get the "We are unable to process the VIN you entered. Please double check that you entered it correctly." error message.  Lexus' web site sucks.  Not sure why they can't get their act together, the web site is definitely part of the customer experience.

I had no problem regstering this week.