Help! With Taillights

<_< Ok I have a 1992 ES300, I have had it since new and only put 5% tint, subs and sound in it. I wanted to do some new things to it. I was wondering about clearing the back lights. How do you do it??? What is the step by step on how to do it. THANKS

all you have to do is unbolt the light from the car.2 take out all the bulbs.3 bring the light in the house and make sure to remove the 3 screws around the light and any clips thats on it.4 put in oven on like 300 for 5 minitus the very carefully start prying it open on 1 end.You might have to re do it a few times in the oven so it gets nice and hot and then it will open up easy.after getting it open then just pull out the amber insert and put it all back together in the oven and make sure its sqeezed together good.its really easy to do once you get the hang of it.i put black silicon around mine while i put it back together this way no water gets in. just take your time and you will be fine.

also one tip that will help you is dont start prying at it on the side were it curves because you will crack the lens.start prying on the other side and make sure you get the light real hot.300 for maybe 10 minutes should do it.

bbsal- i was lookin to do the same thing to my 93, but i hadve a few questions before i go into it. first of all, is the glue really stringy when you get it apart, and is it pretty easy to put back together without using any extra silicone, or should i go that extra mile to ensure they dont leak? also, how did you hold them together when re-assembling them? one more-did the heat cause them to warp any at all? in other words, did they go back on as good as they came off? i dont have the money to go screwin them up, so i wanna be sure and do it right. thanks

ok once you get the tail light off what do you put in the oven? The whole light (including the black back) or does the black back come off first? Also do you just put the light on the oven rack or on something else. Thanks in advance <_<

hi,the back is whats holding it all together and must be put in the oven to heat up because theres a urethane holding it all together.also dont put the lens part on the grill because you might get grill marks on it.lay it in on its back.

Lex3486 as for your questions,its not glue thats holding it together its urethane and no its not really stringy but you will have to heat the light alot to get it lose and do alot of pulling and at first it does string open but folds back in once open.as for putting it back together i would advise you to use some black silicon just to be safe and make sure you put it back in the oven so it gets hot again and then squezze it back together.it wont warp and it goes back together fine if you reheat it.

thanks bbsal. i was worried that the urethane may string and get all over the inside and i wouldnt be able to get it off. also, you mentioned grill marks- will it leave them on the back, or is that just a precautionary measure? im really nervous, obviously, but im seriously considerin it, as long as im not the pioneer of it, ya know? if its been done, then im pretty sure i can do it, being that im pretty crafty. just want to do it right

thanks alot. oh, and what about the little rubber grommets on the drain holes? they okay, or should i remove them?

remove all that you can including the lens for the liscence plate on the sides

i never reapplied more ureathane just heated and pushed it back together

i also had it stand up rather than back or its front

the urethane is very pliable but not stringy

so once heated it reseals pretty well

after cooling i did apply a new seal of silicone around the seam though