Considering A 2000 Es, Any Advice?

Lexls

Hey ES guys, this is my first post in this forum :)

Well I'm helping my parents find a new car and we are seriously considering a newer ES. I just wanted to see if you guys have any advice for me. I read the FAQ but there's not much info on the 2000 ES...probably since it's still pretty new. For prices, is $10-$15K good for a 2000 with less than 100K miles?

Also, the timing belt interval on this car is every 90K, right?

Thanks!

Hey ES guys, this is my first post in this forum :)

Well I'm helping my parents find a new car and we are seriously considering a newer ES.  I just wanted to see if you guys have any advice for me.  I read the FAQ but there's not much info on the 2000 ES...probably since it's still pretty new.  For prices, is $10-$15K good for a 2000 with less than 100K miles?

Also, the timing belt interval on this car is every 90K, right?

Thanks!

Correct Lexls, timing belt change at 90k. Best advice, make sure you have all maintenance, service & warranty records (preverably 1 owner) for the ES in question especially oil changes because of the engine gelling issue. You should be able to find a pretty good selection of 2000 ES well under 100 k miles. Good Luck & keep us posted. B)

:cheers:

We've looked at about 5 and driven 2. We drove one last night but it was way overpriced and very dirty so that one is out.

After lot's of talk and research we decided to also consider 1999 ES's. Today we're looking at a 1999 and it still has a platinum warranty. The 99 is nearly the same as the 00 from what I have read. Just some minor differences like the tail lights, etc. I'll keep you posted!

We've looked at about 5 and driven 2.  We drove one last night but it was way overpriced and very dirty so that one is out. 

After lot's of talk and research we decided to also consider 1999 ES's.  Today we're looking at a 1999 and it still has a platinum warranty.  The 99 is nearly the same as the 00 from what I have read.  Just some minor differences like the tail lights, etc.  I'll keep you posted!

from 1997-2001 nothing seriously changed except for lights and interior wood etc.. all good choices ;)

We've looked at about 5 and driven 2.  We drove one last night but it was way overpriced and very dirty so that one is out. 

After lot's of talk and research we decided to also consider 1999 ES's.  Today we're looking at a 1999 and it still has a platinum warranty.  The 99 is nearly the same as the 00 from what I have read.  Just some minor differences like the tail lights, etc.  I'll keep you posted!

I love the appearance of the 00 & 01's from the back end personally.......better than the 97-99's imo. I'd get the newest one you can afford is my best suggestion. B)

Tonight we looked at the 99 that still has over a year with the platinum warranty. The car is in very good shape with lower miles (59K). We made an offer and are currently waiting to see if the guy accepts. He's finding it hard to part with it, I can understand :) .

Anyway, yeah the 99 is nearly the same as the 00 and we want low miles. I like the 00 tails better but hey, this is for my mom and she doesn't care! It's not the money, it's the selection that's the problem. There are very few 99 & 00 ES's for sale around here right now :pirate: . I'll know within a few days if the search is over or will go on..........

Tonight we looked at the 99 that still has over a year with the platinum warranty.  The car is in very good shape with lower miles (59K).  We made an offer and are currently waiting to see if the guy accepts.  He's finding it hard to part with it, I can understand  :) .

Anyway, yeah the 99 is nearly the same as the 00 and we want low miles.  I like the 00 tails better but hey, this is for my mom and she doesn't care!  It's not the money, it's the selection that's the problem.  There are very few 99 & 00 ES's for sale around here right now  :pirate: .  I'll know within a few days if the search is over or will go on..........

Sounds like a nice car......all service & maintenance records accounted for? B)

They bought the 1999 today :D !!! Man, I just took it for a long test by myself and it drives perfectly, very impressive. It even has that new car smell still! Yes, the guy gave us all records. I'll do a new post soon with pics so you guys can see.

Thanks for your input and advice guys, I appreciate it.

Closed!

They bought the 1999 today  :D !!!  Man, I just took it for a long test by myself and it drives perfectly, very impressive.  It even has that new car smell still!  Yes, the guy gave us all records.  I'll do a new post soon with pics so you guys can see.

Thanks for your input and advice guys, I appreciate it. 

Closed!

Excellent Lexls! Sounds like your parents got a georgous car. Post pics when you can. B)