Possible Cure For Hesitation Problems

mrsel3

I picked up this link on a toyota Solara forum.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05102/486687.stm

The release is very recent and gives us lexus owners a little hope!

Has anyone had the chance to investigate this further?

This issue has been covered hundreds of times on here.......there is a sticky for it too boot.....due a search you will find more info. B)

:cheers:

I wonder if the lexus engineers are doing as much research about these problems as we are LOL They're the ones who should fix them!!!

Canadian ES with the 5 speed automatic don't have the problem as we have different emisson regulations than the U.S. The problems should be eliminated with the 2007 ES. I say should be! ;)

I wonder if the lexus engineers are doing as much research about these problems as we are LOL They're the ones who should fix them!!!

Canadian ES with the 5 speed automatic don't have the problem as we have different emisson regulations than the U.S. The problems should be eliminated with the 2007 ES. I say should be! ;)

of corse who knows over time, most of these problems occur later on over the years....My 99 rx transmission blew out in 03 @ 70k miles

Never had a tranny failure ever.......an engine & tranny should last the life of the vehicle.  ;)

consider yourself lucky uve never experienced a transmission failure; especially while driving it!! all of a sudden you can't stop in normal gear! You hear grinding, you smell burining!! oooo baddddd

The problems should be eliminated with the 2007 ES.  I say should be!

i'm not holding my breathe. :whistles:

steviej

I suspect the tranny in the next gen ES will be a 6 speed automatic. B) We shall see. :whistles:

I'll have to call my service tech and see what they say about it...

Please let us know.

I'm not due for routine service for a couple thousand miles, but if they really have a fix, I'll take the car in now.

I don't think it's anything signicicant really.......a software 'upgrade'? Seems like everybody is still having the problem however on 02+ ES. :huh:

supposedly the TSB from August 2003 for the 02-03 ES has had a revision and it was released on April 1, 2005 (same TSB# with and R at the end). I will be calling my service manager in the AM to discuss it the details.

steviej

I put a call in to my service manager yesterday but havent gotten a return call. I will though, he's just a little slow.

I think a software fix potentially COULD work to hide the roughness of the electronic throttle engagement the question is will it have any adverse effects like some said the last upgrade did.

Dont think the problem will go away. I have more then one Lexus expert tell me its from Lexus having the cars run on too lean a mixture in order to get the cars to qualify for Ultra Low Emissions Vehichles. To further re-inforce this they have created the DQI {delivery quality index} which basically means if you take delivery of a new lexus and list a complaint on the survey they hold it against the dealer. So they put the dealer in a position to hold a customer back from making those statements

I spoke with my service advisor and the service manager. If you remember from the pinned tranny thread, they suggested I not go with the first flashover for the hesitation. Since the revised flashover has come out, they reported to me that they have done several of the revised programs and so far no complaints. (for what that means).

Both the SA and SM suggested I do this one. They said it was a major improvement over the previous one. So, I have scheduled a service appointment to have this done on May 22. I asked them, that since my car is out of warranty, will Lexus pick up the tab. they said absolutely, they would do it as a "good will" TSB upgrade. I can't complain with that.

I will most definately post my opinion. I leave for a vacation that afternoon and the drive to Toronto will help.

steviej