"new Car Scent"

The Febreze air refresher is great stuff. I don't know if it kills airborn bacteria or not, but it covers up just about any smell... haven't tried it in the car yet, but it certainly works in the bathroom.:whistles: Also, as far as new car scents... I use Lexol Vinylex on my dash, and in my opinion it smells EXACTLY like a new car. I've heard the new car scent is actually a combination of new plastic, vinyl, leather, carpet, etc...

The Febreze air refresher is great stuff.  I don't know if it kills airborn bacteria or not, but it covers up just about any smell... haven't tried it in the car yet, but it certainly works in the bathroom.:whistles: Also, as far as new car scents... I use Lexol Vinylex on my dash, and in my opinion it smells EXACTLY like a new car.  I've heard the new car scent is actually a combination of new plastic, vinyl, leather, carpet, etc...

i'll have to try that ;)

I find that proper ventilation is the key to keeping the interior smelling fresh. I eat a lot of fast food in the car since I'm on the road so much. Fast food in the car reaks of something horrid in no time at all. I just crack the windows/sunroof for a few hours when I have the car parked(I hate riding with the windows down), and the ff smell is gone. Fresh air coupled with quarterly usages of Lexol on the seats/doors/steering wheel makes my 254k mile '95LS smell like a new car; I actually get compliments on the fresh smell. :lol:

I find that proper ventilation is the key to keeping the interior smelling fresh. I eat a lot of fast food in the car since I'm on the road so much. Fast food in the car reaks of something horrid in no time at all. I just crack the windows/sunroof for a few hours when I have the car parked(I hate riding with the windows down), and the ff smell is gone. Fresh air coupled with quarterly usages of Lexol on the seats/doors/steering wheel makes my 254k mile '95LS smell like a new car; I actually get compliments on the fresh smell. :lol:

wow that's good for that mileage!!

it's funny how ALL new cars (at least lexus') have this SAME new car smell. Are you sure they don't add it?

I use Griots Leather Scent which smells pretty good. Its not a replacement for the actual new car smell, there isn't any spray that reproduces it.

The smell comes from offgassing of the vinyls, plastics, leather, glues and seals and actually can be toxic. That film you get all over the interior comes from the "new car smell".

I use Griots Leather Scent which smells pretty good. Its not a replacement for the actual new car smell, there isn't any spray that reproduces it.

The smell comes from offgassing of the vinyls, plastics, leather, glues and seals and actually can be toxic. That film you get all over the interior comes from the "new car smell".

interesting B)

True you can't beat the real thing...

By the way: Are all the cars listed in your profile yours, or are you just a rich kid??:wacko:

i've bought all of them LOL The 03 Ls is my son Brian's (he's 21). The 04 es330 is my oldest daughter Kate's (she's 19). The 04 and 03 rx's are mine (i'm 44). The 05 es330 is my wife's (she's 39). And the BMW and Benz are mine too B) This new 03 rx i'm looking for will be my other daughter Ali's next year. She'll be 15 May 3rd (oh yeah i can't wait :o )...LOL I can't wait till they're all out of the house!! :lol:

And no, i'm not a kid; the "kid" in lexkid630 was just there b/c i like it..LOL OI wish i was a kid, but no, i'm not..LOL

I hate to veer from the subject but...wth do you do where you can buy all these cool cars. And will you adopt me?