Another 330 Vs 400h Dilemma

av8tr

I've had my RX330 for a year and a half and absolutely love it. When I bought it I put a deposit down on the 400H just for the fun of it, and now I have to make a decision. I test drove one yesterday, and could have driven it out, but just couldn't make up my mind. I get the one I ordered next week, and then I'll be off the list. I only have 22K miles on my 330 and they are willing to give me 30K in trade which I think is pretty good. I guess I'm just writing this for myself to help me decide, but any input would be appreciated.

We have a 1994 Nissan Quest, so the choice was easy. However, if I had an RX as new as yours, I'd think about waiting awhile. Remember, there will ALWAYS be a newer and better vehicle shortly after you buy one - kinda like buying the latest and fastest computer. How long does that status last? :cheers:

The thing that would stop me would be the big hit you're taking on your car ... the initial depreciation from driving your 330 off the lot mostly ... takes some time to space that out (relatively speaking) to where it doesn't seem to matter so much (at least in my mind). I am currently thinking the same thing you are, but with NO discount on the 400h and the newness of my 330 I just can't justify doing it. Plus the newness of the technology in this model makes me hesitant to do something as well ... yes, I know Toyota has been at this hybrid technology for a while. Then the idea that Lexus may ticker with it in a short while as well ... the 3.5L is coming in the RX, etc. I just can't quite justify it right now. I'm not a huge fan of the rims either, but I chromed my 18s so I'm partial to that.

I can't wait for my 400h to arrive; i'll be trading in my 03 rx300. I'd rather have a 400h than an rx300.

To go from a 1 yr old 330 to a 400h, well i don't know.....I already have an rx330 so i guess it's not hard for me...i guess throwing 20k miles away is good LOL and 30k dolars isn't a bad trade; you're only in the hold about 15-20k dollars depending on which 400h you get..

Well, I decided not to get it for the reasons described above. It was too much of a hit on depreciation to justify the trade. But when can you ever justify a new car when you try to pull out emotions and do it just on business sense. Thanks for all your input and I'll just HAVE to drive my loaded-out '04 RX 330 for now. ;) This group is wonderful for advice and will be sure to watch it frequently.

So far all i've gathered is that there aren't many reasons to get a 400h over the hybrid. The hybrid gets more horsepower (OH WOWWY!!!! :blink: ) It gets barely any more MPG, and it isn't as luxurious on the unside as the 330 for some people..