When Brakes Click In Park Ac Motor Slows Down

I'm new to the forum,spent 6 weeks going through the entire forum and the detailing forum also.I've used alot of the information to save alot of money and time.There are way to many people to thank to even try to list them all and I've seen a great many writers from postings of years past not contributing anymore but their help was as useful as if they posted yesterday.I thought I saw this problem answered in a post that even using keywords I'm unable to locate.

I just got my cluster back from lextech(SMD red needles) absolutely brilliant.I put it back in along with the dimmer control unit.I also had put back the drivers seat and connected up the electronics.Now when the car(1993 sc300) is in park and I push on the brake there is a clicking sound very distinctly coming from the emergency brake handle.It doesn't do this in reverse or drive,only Park.showed I be concerned? It runs great no other problems.AWJ do you still read these? I'm 52 years old and I can't stop looking at my car.I bought a porter cable with the velco backing, clayed a car for the first time followed Steve's pinned post to the letter.I've always cleaned my cars but never detailed one.I like the feeling and the chance to drift in thought while your doing it.I have the mechanical done after researching the forum and ordering parts online,by reading all the posts and opinions I can see which way the majoity is leaning and toward which products then try them and see if I agree.I change my own fluids and rotate the tires but mostly I just detail.Thanks

Bill

If that's what it is,a safety feature that's a relief.It's just I've had the car 3 months and it hadn't done that before.My wife drives it the most and I was just wanting to make sure it wasn't a problem waiting to happen

Sounds like it is the shift release solenoid.

Is it a single click? That is normal.

Is it multiple clicks, that is not really normal and you should open the panel to see what the solenoid is doing.

This solenoid allows you to shift out of park after you put your foot on the brake. It is a safety feature mandated by the government after the Audi issues in the 80's.

Tom

Sounds like it is the shift release solenoid.

Is it a single click?  That is normal.

Is it multiple clicks, that is not really normal and you should open the panel to see what the solenoid is doing.

This solenoid allows you to shift out of park after you put your foot on the brake.  It is a safety feature mandated by the government after the Audi issues in the 80's.

Tom

<_< Hey Tom, As long as your looking at this find the "shift release button". i will enable you take you car out of park when the battery goes dead!!! My SC400 has a VERY EXPESSIVE cover over it so don't lose it. i am assumig you have the factory owners manuals. If not, call Lexus Custome Care, the manual are free when you register.

PS I am 55 and love my SC :rolleyes: