Rx300's Gauge Cluster

LexKid630

I think it's bright enough when turned up during the day, but then too bright at night. It needs a sensor, or maybe there is an auto-light-sensor for it - so like dashboard lights on my other car, it needs to brighten up during the day with the headlights off, and go to a dim setting at night with the headlights on. The Saab93 has all this programmable, but I am not sure about the RX300.

do you have the knob on the dash turned all the way up?

Yeah i do have the dimmer switch turned all the way up; just wondering if it's as bright in all rx's or just mine....

And YES i do think it's too bright @ night...i usually turn the dimmer down then.... B)

Same here good during day too bright at night. My daughters chrysler has a neat feature, if you are running headlights in day light twist switch and the radio and other lights stay bright so you can see them in bright sunlight.

Jeff

Same here good during day too bright at night. My daughters chrysler has a neat feature, if you are running headlights in day light twist switch and the radio and other lights stay bright so you can see them in bright sunlight.

Jeff

It's weird that the Lexus doesn't have that in the cluster....I think the center console screen dims at night...

Jeff

Yeah, my 1991 Camry Wagon had that. Makes ya wonder why the Lexus doesn't.

• 2 months later...

Just found out: If you rotate the dimmer switch JUST below the "click", during the day it's not any darker than if you were ON the click. But at night, at this position, the cluster lights will automatically dim even more; Perfect.

just thought i would tell you ;) i have a lot of time on my hands

and i love how the nav screen goes black...really cool B)