Leakin Oil Throught The Oil Drain Plug

VMF

during the last oil change i had problems with the thread on the original plug so i had to put a new thread and use the plug from the lincoln towncar, apparently it does not hold as tight as the original one and every day i see few drops under the car. what would be a best solution here? use the rubber plug? change the oil pan?

but the problem is not with the plug, but with the thread on the oil pan, this is why i'm concerned.

we put the new thread in the hole but the oil leaks every time i start the engine and worm it up it is drippina lil bit

Get the proper size oil plug that fit's your specific car. Get a bunch of oil plug gaskets (or washers they are also called) from the Lexus dealer......I think I paid somewhere between $3 - 4 for a dozen. I change the plug gasket every socond oil change & the car is bone dry underneith. B)

:cheers:

Sounds to me like nobody understands that you re-tapped the threads on the pan and went with a different plug. I would say you would have to replace the pan or get one from a junk 400 engine. If you tapped different threads or cross tapped the threads, your pan is done unless you could weld in a new drain hole.

How much oil are we talking about? You can step-up your gaskets by adding a small rubber washer to your plug. But I don't understand how you re-tapped the pan and 1) didn't get metal shavings inside, or 2) have the bolt fitting to specs with oil leaking through the threads.

Oil pans suck.

i prolly did get some metal particles into the oil pan but i did the thread not to the full lenght, 2. i got the bolt first, measured the thread and then created a new thread in the hole:)

i gotta try to put some sylicone next time i change the oil coz i'm not ready to pay 300$ for the new oil pan!!!