Lexus = Toyota

Sal Collaziano

I've compiled a list of incredibly ridiculous things that this one member, CadillacAurora442, has said:

http://forums.gminsidenews.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=129

In case you want to read the whole topic:

http://forums.gminsidenews.com/showthread.php?t=13035

Have a ball...

I've compiled a list of incredibly ridiculous things that this one member, CadillacAurora442, has said:

http://forums.gminsidenews.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=129

In case you want to read the whole topic:

http://forums.gminsidenews.com/showthread.php?t=13035

Have a ball...

yeah, he *BLEEP*ed me off so bad that i wanted to register there just to tell him hes a *BLEEP*ing idiot...but i refrained myself.

Rubber timing belts are not safe for high speed driving.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

if timing chains are so superior, how come my dads old olds 88 had to have its chain repalced at 30K and again at 70k bqack in the late 80's/early 90's?

how come my ex coworker just replaced the motor in his 95 grand am because the timing chain blew with 80,000 miles??

need i keep going? i have a few more! liek the cavalier my boss has with endless piston slap...

Well it's true that mechanically a Lexus is a Toyota and that's something to be very proud of because even the least expensive stripper model Toyotas are built to last twice as long as any American car before needing any major drivetrain overhauls. Like here are the odometer readings of a couple base model Toyota pickups: http://www.saber.net/~monarch/leowarfield.JPG http://www.saber.net/~monarch/454.jpg

It's also true that a Cadillac is just another GM car and that means carefully planned obsolesence of virtually all the drivetrain components / interior furnishings. Just visit your local automotive junkyards and compare the odometer readings of 10-25 year old Chevys and Cadillacs - both routinely end up in junkyards at between 75,000 - 175,000 miles whereas junkyard Toyotas, Lexus's, Hondas and Acuras routinely have odometer readings of 150,000 - 350,000 mile range.

Next look at the interiors of 10-25 year old Chevys and Cadillacs in the junkyards. Both have sagging seats with ripped / cracked upolstery, plastic trim that's starting to disintegrate into sand like particles and cracked / disintegrating door and window seals. Then look under the hood and both Cads and Chevys have hardened / cracked coolant and vacuum hoses.

Now look at the interiors of 10-25 year old Toyotas and Lexus's in the junkyards. No sagging seats. Rarely torn upolstery. Plastic trim that looks like new. Most have untorn / uncracked door and window seals. Then look under the hoods and notice the coolant and vacuum hoses are still usually the factory originals and are still usually uncracked and fairly soft.

Lastly consider that most middle aged and older current Asian car enthusiats were American car enthusiasts at one point in their lives. Tens of millions of them have become so spoiled by Asian car quality they would never go back to owning an American car. A small percentage do go back to owning American cars and that's usually because they had mechanical reliability / durability problems that can be traced back to their failure to maintain their Asian cars with genuine Asian car parts, fluids and filters.

There was a time when American cars had durable interiors and mechanical components but you have to go all the way back around 1967 and earlier to find them. Sometimes I think of buying a mid-60's Chevy or Cadillac on ebay to relive the memories of the days when American cars were great.

Well it's true that mechanically a Lexus is a Toyota and that's something to be very proud of because even the least expensive stripper model Toyotas are built to last twice as long as any American car before needing any major drivetrain overhauls. Like here are the odometer readings of a couple base model Toyota pickups: http://www.saber.net/~monarch/leowarfield.JPG http://www.saber.net/~monarch/454.jpg

It's also true that a Cadillac is just another GM car and that means carefully planned obsolesence of virtually all the drivetrain components / interior furnishings.  Just visit your local automotive junkyards and compare the odometer readings of 10-25 year old Chevys and Cadillacs - both routinely end up in junkyards at between 75,000 - 175,000 miles whereas junkyard Toyotas, Lexus's, Hondas and Acuras routinely have odometer readings of 150,000 - 350,000 mile range.

Next look at the interiors of 10-25 year old Chevys and Cadillacs in the junkyards. Both have sagging seats with ripped / cracked upolstery, plastic trim that's starting to disintegrate into sand like particles and cracked / disintegrating door and window seals.  Then look under the hood and both Cads and Chevys have hardened / cracked coolant and vacuum hoses. 

Now look at the interiors of 10-25 year old Toyotas and Lexus's in the junkyards.  No sagging seats. Rarely torn upolstery. Plastic trim that looks like new.  Most have untorn / uncracked door and window seals. Then look under the hoods and notice the coolant and vacuum hoses are still usually the factory originals and are still usually uncracked and fairly soft.

Lastly consider that most middle aged and older current Asian car enthusiats were American car enthusiasts at one point in their lives.  Tens of millions of them have become so spoiled by Asian car quality they would never go back to owning an American car.  A small percentage do go back to owning American cars and that's usually because they had mechanical reliability / durability problems that can be traced back to their failure to maintain their Asian cars with genuine Asian car parts, fluids and filters.

There was a time when American cars had durable interiors and mechanical components but you have to go all the way back around 1967 and earlier to find them.  Sometimes I think of buying a mid-60's Chevy or Cadillac on ebay to relive the memories of the days when American cars were great.

For once i think we agree monarch.

While my contours Powertrain and Drivetrain lasted forever, the interior was C-R-A-P. no 2 ways about it. it just plain sucked.

this is just funny guys, i would not even argue with a guy who thinks this way, ppl look at him like he is a little brain damaged so i would not lower myself to the level of that guy to argue with him, most important is that I know and all of YOU know that LExus is the top brand now and thats what matters.

That either really *BLEEP*es you off, or makes you laugh REALLY hard. I personally got a good laugh out of it. Hmmm.. i forget, who makes Cadillac? Oh yeah, that's right, GM. Heard anything in the news lately about their profits???? They just posted a first quarter loss of 1.1 BILLION. This guy's living in a fantasy world. I personally believe cadillac used to be a good car, but they've gone no where but downhill the past 10 years. You can't even compare a cadillac to a lexus. I'm all about supporting domestic companies, but these day's in respect to cars, it's just not a smart financial decision. Now I will say GM trucks seemed to be designed for the long haul, my family has owned many chevy tahoe's/silverado's that have held up quite well.

Wow that guy is a complete brain dead fool :chairshot: <_< . That was a highly offensive posting in which he put up a picture of the Zero. They should definitely close that joke of a thread. I know one thing is for sure, if he was in this forum, he would have been banned so fast his head (or lack thereof) would spin. Makes me appreciate that we have so such a good moderator/management team keeping the forums in line.

On a lighter note...haha Buick v. Lexus? LOL..HAHAHAHA, that's the stupidest/funniest thing I've ever heard, besides that thread. Cadillac is having enough trouble with Lexus, let alone Buick. LOL... :D

I personally believe cadillac used to be a good car, but they've gone no where but downhill the past 10 years. You can't even compare a cadillac to a lexus.

No way, that's totally wrong.. Cadillac has made incredible progress over the past 10 years. To beginwith, Cadillac does not compete with Lexus. Cadillac is in direct competition with BMW. As soon as Cadillac started focusing more on handling and performance rather than luxury and comfort, the Cadillac vs Lexus deal was off.. As far as styling is concerned, I think more people will give that to Cadillac.. Otherwise, Lexus is a higher quality vehicle - but it's not like Cadillac is in some lower league or something.. Both companies are taking different directions... 10 years ago BMW/Cadillac comparisons were unheard of. Now, they're commonplace.

The reason you hear about Buick being compared to Lexus is because Buick has taken over the soft, quiet ride responsibility at GM. Personally, I think Buick is better compared to Acura. Unfortunately for Buick, with the way Toyota is making improvements, I don't even think they'll fare well against them...

Sounds to me like this guy is an A$$HAT quite frankly! :whistles: :chairshot: His views are very wishful thinking.......Having driven all of them (owned Buicks & my father 2 Caddy's), the General has certainly gotton better, but there not even close to being in Lexus' rear view mirror. When was the last comparison that Lexus ever anounced it was running head to head with either Buick or Cadillac? :blink: It's always MB, BMW, Jag, Audi & the like. I'd be willing to bet this guy has never owned a Lexus (or even a Japanese car) in his life. Just goes to show the arrogance! :chairshot: :whistles:

:cheers:

Ignore the guy lol, he's just jealous.

Yeah, did yall notice the "4-Cylinder Ecotech" under his user name, and he has the nerve to sit there and slam Lexus. lmao :lol:

The reason you hear about Buick being compared to Lexus is because Buick has taken over the soft, quiet ride responsibility at GM. Personally, I think Buick is better compared to Acura.

Every magazine article I've read makes references to Acura being Germanlike in driving character and style. I find the TSX, RSX, TL, MDX, RL, and NSX are very different animals from Buicks.

I personally believe cadillac used to be a good car, but they've gone no where but downhill the past 10 years. You can't even compare a cadillac to a lexus.

No way, that's totally wrong.. Cadillac has made incredible progress over the past 10 years. To beginwith, Cadillac does not compete with Lexus. Cadillac is in direct competition with BMW.

IMO, i would have to completely disagree with that. Cadillac in competition with BMW? Their target market's are totally different. I guess where I come from, the mean age of cadillac owners is about 60. BMW seems to cater more to the 30-55 crowd. BMW's german background allows for a sporty feel, Cadillac's are just mushy cars. I will say I can't comment on the new smaller model(forget what its called), but IMO a Deville and a 745IL do not compare at all. And comparing Buick with Acura? This makes about as much sense to me as comparing cadillac to bmw.

As for the comment I made about cadillac being crappy the past 10 years, this is just my opinion and from my own experiences with cadillac. We had an '88 DeVille that was one of the most solid cars ever. The '00 DeVille was the biggest piece of crap. It was constantly in the shop. Not only that, but the dealer wrecked it, bondo-ed it, and tried to cover it up!!!!! Service dept was horrible. There's my two cents about cadillac, take it as you will.

-Wes Actually he's right, Cadillac has shifted their marketing towards a sportier younger buyer and the obvious target is BMW.

That said, I dont agree at all that Cadillac is of the same league as Lexus, BMW, or Mercedes. Acura yes, Infiniti not so much anymore. Cadillac has taken great strides but has a ways to go, currently the only Cadillac I would even consider over a Lexus, BMW, or Mercedes is the STS. Even the new STS, the brainchild of all of GM's designinf mustre is lacking when compared to these cars most notably in the quality of the interior components.

As for styling, thats subjective but the only two Cadillacs I think even look remotely appealing are the STS and the XLR. The SRX, CTS, DTS, Escalade are all god awful messes of charp creases bonding with old bulbous lines. Especially the new DTS which looks almost rediculous with the new edgy front melded to the old bulbous doors and the throwback Chrysler Imperial rear end. First time I saw it I almost laughed. GM's probalem is they do things on the cheap, and that car is the epitome of doing it on the cheap.

Better yes, there yet? No.

-Wes Actually he's right, Cadillac has shifted their marketing towards a sportier younger buyer and the obvious target is BMW.

They (both Cadillac & Buick) had no choice but to shift their market towards a younger buyer.......the average age of their demographic was deceased & making the phone call from the horizontal telephone booth! :blink: just several years ago! lmao! (or at least in their mid to late thousands) :lol: :whistles: If they kept that kind of mind set, they would have had to supply a casket as standard equipment! ;) B) :lol:

Guys. Take it easy with the "Buick is better compared to Acura" comment. I'm not saying Buicks are as fine an automobile as an Acura - just that it's a better comparison than Buick to Lexus.. Look before you leap, for God's sake...

I'm not saying that Cadillac and BMW or Mercedes are equal. I'm just saying they're being compared to them. The CTS often gets compared and cross-shopped by 3-series buyers. The STS with 5-series buyers. The new DeVille is only a quick make-over before the "real" next model is created. Similar to what they did with the first Escalade..

I don't know where you guys come up with Lexus being in another league than Cadillac. This topic isn't even supposed to be about Cadillacs. It's about some nut on another message board who thinks Lexus is a myth. Yes, Lexus builds more reliable vehicles. The fit and finish are second to none. But this doesn't put them in "another league". They're just very different vehicles. Like I said, Cadillac is more sports, hard riding and cold feeling inside, like a BMW. Where Lexus is more luxurious, smooth riding and warm/comfortable inside, like a luxurious Mercedes. These cars are all in the same "league", they're just targeted to different audiences...

Guys. Take it easy with the "Buick is better compared to Acura" comment. I'm not saying Buicks are as fine an automobile as an Acura - just that it's a better comparison than Buick to Lexus..

I know what you are saying, and what I was saying was that Acura and Buick are not similar in design philosophy. Drive a '05 3.2TL and drive a '05 LeSabre. You would be suprised at the difference. Buicks are great cars; I know first hand. We had a LeSabre that lasted over 200k miles w/ just regular maintinance, so I have no problems with Buick quality. Acuras are very sport oriented; Buicks are not. Buick is concerned with a soft, quiet ride just as Lexus is. That's all I was getting at. ;)

Look before you leap, for God's sake...

Remarks like this are really not necessary here; we know how to calmly and rationally discuss other makes. Take your own advise, you should have looked before you lept. Buick and Acura are about as similar as a Ford Taurus is to a CL65 AMG.

Remarks like this are really not necessary here; we know how to calmly and rationally discuss other makes. Take your own advise, you should have looked before you lept. Buick and Acura are about as similar as a Ford Taurus is to a CL65 AMG.

I wasn't referring to your calm approach, which was fine. I was reffering to the guy who was going WWF on me with the chair.:chairshot: ROTFLYAO didn't seem very nice. But whatever. I'm wrong; you guys are right. I'm not here to argue. I got that idea from looking at the interior of the new Buicks. They don't seem to be copying Lexus (lots of wood, warm layout), in that area, as much as Acura (more bland, cold, less personality)..

Nobody is arguing IMO, were just giving our opinions (yes as Lexus owners granted) :whistles: But when someone from another site attacks our vehicles (thanks for posting that article.....I almost want to join the GM site to give this A$$ HAT a piece of my mind) :D

Funny thing is........it was made public many times that with the LaCrosse (Allure in Canada) GM made it a point to say they 'benchmarked' their car on the ES 330. To me that's a compliment! ;) But this guy's opinion basicly insults Lexus in general......well if that's the case, perhaps he should go to the powers that be at GM (read former product czar Bob Lutz) because in turn, he actually insults his own brand.......GM! :rolleyes: :whistles:

I would buy another GM car if they have something that really catches my eye for the record.......but in closing, I'll say that it would have to be one hell of a car for me to defect from Lexus!

The chairshots are for the dude that wrote what he did not you Sal that posted the article. ;) B) Here's another one for him............:chairshot: :blushing:

There were some GM owners that actually defended Lexus by saying the disagree with his views btw.

Oh, yeah. Most of the guys there realize the guy who posted that message has some sort of obsession with GM. To be a "car nut" and not realize how Lexus, Infiniti and Acura aren't "real" luxury vehicles is beyond me...

These cars are all in the same "league", they're just targeted to different audiences...

Honestly, if thats true its only now BECOMING true. Until the advent of the CTS and now the STS, nobody cross shopped a Lexus, a BMW, a Mercedes with a Cadillac. A Cadillac was considered something along the lines of a Lincoln, not real competition. NOW I'm seeing people looking at the CTS and the STS as legitimate competition which I think is great, but I think they've still got some ways to go.

I would drive an STS though, which I can't say of anything else Cadillac (or GM in general) has rolled out in my lifetime. My dad on the other hand (who had a 95 STS) still wouldn't ever buy one again because of his experience with Cadillac compared to Lexus.

Funny thing is........it was made public many times that with the LaCrosse (Allure in Canada) GM made it a point to say they 'benchmarked' their car on the ES 330.

I still can't get over how much that car looks like the ES...

Funny thing is........it was made public many times that with the LaCrosse (Allure in Canada) GM made it a point to say they 'benchmarked' their car on the ES 330.
I still can't get over how much that car looks like the ES...

I can see a 'faint' similiarity maybe (on the exterior), but nothing very specific in the LaCrosse (Allure) personally (interior's not even close). :huh: B)

These cars are all in the same "league", they're just targeted to different audiences...

Honestly, if thats true its only now BECOMING true. Until the advent of the CTS and now the STS, nobody cross shopped a Lexus, a BMW, a Mercedes with a Cadillac. A Cadillac was considered something along the lines of a Lincoln, not real competition. NOW I'm seeing people looking at the CTS and the STS as legitimate competition which I think is great, but I think they've still got some ways to go.

All very true...