Replacing Rear Dash Stop Light

curb

for some reason, it seems to me that you know absolutely nothing about the questions people are asking, because you take no time help someone by just posting Search or FAq. I have made several posts, and that is all you say. Why, may I ask, do you act like you are better than everyone?

for some reason, it seems to me that you know absolutely nothing about the questions people are asking, because you take no time help someone by just posting Search or FAq.  I have made several posts, and that is all you say.  Why, may I ask, do you act like you are better than everyone?

Damn!!! :pirate:

hi

how do you remove rear cover to change the brake light on 95 es300

thanks

Here's what I wrote up from one of my threads in ClubLexus for accessing the bulbs in the tailights of a '92-'96 ES:

- The tools you need here are a set of needle nose pliers and an 8mm socket wrench (the long kind). Pop the trunk, and carefully pull up the plastic trunk sill that runs the width of your car (a little force is needed here). Use your nose pliers to pluck out the (4) plastic peg covers on the side trunk carpet covering, located behind the license plate area. Then pull down the carpet covering to reveal the skeletal frame of your tailights (if the trunk light plastic cover gets in the way, you can pop that out too).

- Here, you'll see at least (7) 8mm size bolts (I can't remember the exact #). All of these bolts hold the tailights in place, and tailight removal is necessary in order to get to your license plate light bulbs. I believe you need to unscrew (4) of those bolts to remove the tailights, but unfortunately I don't remember exactly which ones, though the bolts should be symmetric on both tailights. Hopefully someone here in CL can help me out, but in the meantime, you can remove the bolts by trial-and-error. Sorry I can't be more specific.

- After you remove the bolts, carefully pull the tailights away from the trunk area and place them on the bumper (with a cloth underneath to protect the bumper finish. You do not need to remove any wiring or cables). With the tailights out, you can easily see the bulbs you need to access. Remove the old ones out by untwisting from the socket. Now you need to wear rubber or latex gloves so that no oil or grease gets on the new bulbs. With your gloves on, place each of the new bulbs into its socket (you'll hear a click when it's locked in).

- Reverse the previous steps here, and turn on your lights to see your new lights working. That's it.

hi

how do you remove rear cover to change the brake light on 95 es300

thanks

if you're asking about the rear center (third) brake light at the rear windshield/dashboard, check out these threads:

1998 Es300 High Mounted Brake Light, Bulb Replacement

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...wtopic=3573&hl=

Help!, Tail Light on ES300

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...&hl=brake+light

Interior Window Tail Light Help, How to get to the bulb

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=15690

FAQ & Search functions are powerful tools for common problems in these forums.