The Rx400h Has Arrived At The Dealer In Nj

Today the RX400h arrived at the dealership in NJ. It is on display for all to view. Hopefully our preordered vehicles will arrive shortly, too.

why do they even bother displaying it if you can't buy it if you are not on the waiting list. Kind of pointless.

Not much different from the Playstation Portable, CNN says sales are not that great but that is because you can't find it anywhere because they are sold out everywhere.

My dealer didn't think they'd have the car until the 20th, but surprise, it's there. I plan to see it tomorrow.

You can buy the car at some dealers who didn't take preorders. ie. Prestige Lexus in Ramsey, NJ. Just check their website. There must be some in CA, too.

Our dealer thought Lexus was planning to get all the demo cars out on the same day - Monday April 18. I guess that didn't work. They still expect their demo car Monday. My car is suppose to arrive some time next week.

I think most of the dealers around here that didn't do preorders now have enough orders for the first month or so at least.

Greetings,

Just recieved the following email, which indicates the west coast has start recieving the demos.

Sincerely, BillT

HELLO, IT IS 12:30 MONDAY THE 18TH AND OUR FIRST HYBRID IS HERE. THE FIRST ONE WILL BE HELD FOR DEMOS ONLY. AT THREE TODAY WE CAN START DRIVING IT. ...

Crown Lexus

1125 Kettering Drive

Ontario, CA 91761

www.CrownLexus.com

Greetings,

Just recieved the following email, which indicates the west coast has start recieving the demos.

Sincerely, BillT

HELLO,  IT IS 12:30 MONDAY THE 18TH AND OUR FIRST HYBRID IS HERE.  THE FIRST ONE WILL BE HELD FOR DEMOS ONLY.  AT THREE TODAY WE CAN START DRIVING IT.    ...

Crown Lexus

1125 Kettering Drive

Ontario, CA 91761

www.CrownLexus.com

Meanwhile in Northern California, Roseville Lexus has their first one. Apparently not a test drive one but one the buyer isn't able to pick up immediately. It is in the shop currently (I assume that means getting its arrival prep work done). I wonder if its time in the shop is extended by all the mechanics needing to come ogle it. :) Sacramento Lexus still has their demo unit showing as arriving today, but it isn't there yet.

Our car has moved to F (freight) status. Supposedly, that means it is off the ship and on a truck. Just a few more days now.

Now I was under the impression that dealerships would receive batches of at least 5 or 6 at a time. (well, maybe with the exception of the demo unit) I'm still amazed that my #15-on-the-list spot is scheduled for delivery so soon (April 25th).

One of my neighbors was telling me about the super-powerful diesel truck up the street. When I asked what kind of torque it was producing, he replied, "anout 550 lbs-ft". I then revealed the torque of the RX400h (650 lbs-ft). Needless-to-say, this figure trumps even the diesel monsters at GM, Ford, and Dodge by quite a bit.

OK ... just stopped and there are actually 2 at the dealership ... out back and still needing to be cleaned up and prepared for delivery. Sounded like one of them would be a demo. One was Flint Mica and the other the Savannah Metallic like I'd said before. The interior trim colors looked a little different to me for some reason, but it could've been the absence of light. I thought the black interior looked a little more charcoal like. I'm probably wrong though. Didn't mind the wood not being there although it does look nice ... I'm just not picky about that. Definitely had different tires that the 330, but that's typical of hybrids.

The 2 there were both $50,863 or so ... options were

Mark Levinson

Heated Seats

Cargo Mat

Wheel Locks

Sticker Fuel Economy was 31/27

Our car has moved to F (freight) status. Supposedly, that means it is off the ship and on a truck. Just a few more days now.

Patt,

How are you getting this info? I have been hesitant to call the dealership every few days for fear that it may become irritating to them. If there is some way to check status on-line (like the UPS tracking number system), I'd be looking there every day.

Dear Forum:

Just went to the dealership today to fill out the long CA specific "retail contract", now that they have the actual VIN. Price was $50,863 for ML and heated seats, cargo net, and wheel locks, as expected. I bit on the 7/100k platinum given that this is a first year release car with a bit more electronics than a standard RX, and trust me - piece of mind was worth the extra money for me! :)

Looks like delivery will be within the week, but I won't hold my breath for that one until I see the actual car. I also got thrown several optional service contracts - the finish protector, LoJack, etc. - but passed.

Anyway, the dealer had one RX400h white / tan for demo with ML / heated seats combo. From far away, looks seriously SIMILAR to the RX330, save for the different wheels and the large sticker that stamps "31 MPG / 27 MPG" :) (Oh yeah, 650 ft-lb of torque helps too).

All in all, we are very excited. Good luck everybody,

Peter

Dear Forum:

Just went to the dealership today to fill out the long CA specific "retail contract", now that they have the actual VIN. Price was $50,863 for ML and heated seats, cargo net, and wheel locks, as expected. I bit on the 7/100k platinum given that this is a first year release car with a bit more electronics than a standard RX, and trust me - piece of mind was worth the extra money for me! :)

So, what did they charge for the warranty? Whether we get it will depend a lot on what they offer it for.l You know that the "hybrid system" comes with an 8/100k warranty. That covers some of the extra electronics:

Hybrid Vehicle System

Coverage lasts for eight years or 100,000 miles, whichever comes first, on Hybrid control module, battery control module, Hybrid vehicle battery pack and inverter with converter.

Dear Patt:

They wanted to charge me the full "retail" for the Lexus Service Contract (you can see the pricing on the website), but I was able to negotiate down to a reasonable amount. This was COMPLETELY new to them, being that I was one of the first ones to go to the finance manager, so they had to call around and ask what the correct "retail pricing" is for the Rx400h.

Regards,

Peter

How are you getting this info? I have been hesitant to call the dealership every few days for fear that it may become irritating to them. If there is some way to check status on-line (like the UPS tracking number system), I'd be looking there every day.

I don't think there is anything the customer can check. I checked with my salesman who checked it on his system. I have been limiting how often I call - up to now no more than once or twice a week. But I called Friday and the salesman told me it was still in A (allocated) status though according to the paperwork it should be off the ship and would probably go to F status by Monday. Given that I did call again today to see if it had.

I just try to be considerate and friendly when I call. I don't call on weekends when they are more busy. The salesman is pretty excited too. I figure with the full MSRP price the dealership will be well compensated. They are trying very hard not to overpromise while Lexus seems to be struggling a bit with the logistics of getting these from the port to the dealer.

If I was going to feel guilty, it would be about wasting the time of the salesman at the other dealership in town today. Their first Rx400H arrived so we stopped off to see it. It is one that is sold to another couple - not their demo model. We did remind him first thing that our car is coming in at the other dealership. We weren't able to drive it but we did sit in it, look under the hood, etc. It had just gotten out of being preped. It was his first look at the car too so we gave him a good excuse to get out there and it was a very quiet time of day. I didn't see any other customers in the showroom.