Wireless Remote Question

I have a 1996 Lexus ES300 and the wireless remote sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. When it works it works for a week or so and then it just stops working. I have installed a new battery in the FOB and I'm wondering where the sensor is actually located in the car. I'm thinking that maybe the sensor is being obstructed by something. Does anyone know where the sensor is located?

Thanks.

if it is the orginal remote, it may be gunk collecting under the remote button itself that does not allow contact to be made when the button is pressed. It may be moving around inside which is why it is an off / on problem.

I've taken the FOB apart on my Infiniti and they get very gunky! :cries:

Just a thought

if it is the orginal remote, it may be gunk collecting under the remote button itself that does not allow contact to be made when the button is pressed. It may be moving around inside which is why it is an off / on problem.

I've taken the FOB apart on my Infiniti and they get very gunky!  :cries:

Just a thought

I don't think it is the FOB because it does the exact same thing with my other key. When it is working it works first time - every time but when it quits working, it does not work at all which makes me suspect the sensor on the car its self but I don't know where to find the sensor. I'm hopint that maybe the sensor is being obstructed or it is something I can replace myself. I really miss the wireless doorlocks and would liek to find a reasonable (in terms of cost) solution if I can.

Thanks.

I have a 1996 Lexus ES300 and the wireless remote sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. When it works it works for a week or so and then it just stops working. I have installed a new battery in the FOB and I'm wondering where the sensor is actually located in the car. I'm thinking that maybe the sensor is being obstructed by something. Does anyone know where the sensor is located?

Thanks.

Yes, someone please answer WHERE that sensor is located on the car. That can help explain why it sometimes does not work.

Thanks.

I have the same problem in my 1996 ES 300. I just got it this afternoon. I thought it was raised loe battery but after changed the battery it does not work. Any one can help me to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Thanks.

I have the same problem in my 1996 ES 300. I just got it this afternoon. I thought it was raised loe battery but after changed the battery it does not work. Any one can help me to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Sure would like to know the answer to this question.

• 2 weeks later...

During my trip to Toronto last week, I suddenly found my keyless remote worked very well. It had stopped work for 2 weeks and I checked the FOB on the frequency FM 94.9, at that time it did not work. Now I check it again and it works very well.

I think something in my key is not stable. Sometimes work, sometimes no. Anyway it is a 96 lexus, I guess some parts is close to their life limit. Just like the high beam light on my board, some times work some times no. Except these two small problems, my car is pretty good.:cheers:

ohhh, i got the similar problem.. sometimes i can remote control like 30 feet away, but most of time, it is not good even within 10 feet. so i just keep changing the battery like every month. :pirate::pirate::pirate: my local radio-shock loves me!!

ohhh, i got the similar problem.. sometimes i can remote control like 30 feet away, but most of time, it is not good even within 10 feet. so i just keep changing the battery like every month.  :pirate:  :pirate:  :pirate: my local radio-shock loves me!!

I just bought some new CR2016 (5 of them) for $5 shipped, brand new. The FOB is better then ever?