Clutch For Sc300

My clutch recently started slipping so I guess its time for a new one. I want one with a little extra grip then stock without being to stiff; Any suggestions?

Dunno. i'm a huge fan of the horsepowerfreaks.com feramic disc with ACT pressure plate but its prolly way over kill for you. Any good reason you have not to use the stock clutch?

Mike

I figured someone would ask that, I dont want a factory clutch because i dont want the stock feel of a lexus, like soft and comfortable. I want more the feel of a supra in lexus form: I already have espilar/ tokico setup and I'm getting daizon urethane bushings for everything. I love how the sc handles!! Plus, isnt the factory clutch more expensive then aftermarket ones?

Is feramic better than ceramic? I've never heard of that before.

I am somewhat in the market for a clutch as well. I want one that will be easy enough for street driving (daily driver), as well as be strong enough to take some abuse at the track...like an event such as Drift Day.

Anyways recommendations?

BTW...since we're on this topic. I was told that the Supra 6-speed (V160) is a direct swap w/ our engines. Does that mean that clutches designated for the Supra Turbo fit our cars directly (assuming that I stick w/ the stock W58 tranny)? Clutches such as the Exedy Twin Plate http://www.suprastore.com/extwplclsuex.html

Sounds like you want a more aggressive clutch which is not really what I want. I did a little more research on that feramic and heres what I found:

"This is a brand new clutch compound that is capable of withstanding very high pressures with no chatter. It is incredibly slippable, and engages very close to stock. Shifting gears is like cutting melted butter. This identical clutch with 6-speed splines is on the HPF supra, and easily handles 800rwhp."

Sounds interesting, I'd like to hear from someone who has one.

:cheers:

Sounds like you want a more aggressive clutch which is not really what I want. I did a little more research on that feramic and heres what I found:

"This is a brand new clutch compound that is capable of withstanding very high pressures with no chatter. It is incredibly slippable, and engages very close to stock. Shifting gears is like cutting melted butter. This identical clutch with 6-speed splines is on the HPF supra, and easily handles 800rwhp."

Sounds interesting, I'd like to hear from someone who has one.

:cheers:

I have the feramic with an ACT pressure plate. The fermaic clutch is nearly unbearable for the first 500 miles. After that is is SWEEEEEEEEETTTTT. The first 500 is super grabby, chattery and so on. a bit off that it rocks.

My suggestion is to either call Ryan Woon at WOTM.com or call horsepowerfreaks.com.

They are the clutch guru's. But your on a w154 tranny right?

Mike

Yeah, I have the w154 tranny, looks like I'm gonna have to save up a little. Any recommendations on flywheel?

Depends on the material. The feramic tends to weld itself to an aluminum flywheel(AKA Fidanza). I kept mine stock as to a lot of other big power guys.

Mike