Problem With Power Steering Pump

I've posted before under help with timing belt and got some hints, but I still don't know how to get the power steering pump belt off. I have a 2001 ES300. Attached is a pic from the bottom of the pump. I loosened the circled bolt on the slotted bracket with no problem. I just can't figure out which bolt I should loosen to get the pump to move and get the belt off. I really need your help with this. I have my car taken apart and only have today and tomorrow to get the timing belt done.

PLEASE HELP!

post-8723-1113013101_thumb.jpg

Here is a pic from the top of the engine looking down on the power steering pump. Are any of the numbered bolts the one I should loosen? If not, could someone point me in the right direction?

PLEASE HELP!

post-8723-1113012528_thumb.jpg

I wish i could help more but i did mine so damn long ago and their is no damn room from the crossmember to the engine and the pump.

I think i had to use one extension goign over the crossmember to get to a really hard to see bolt above the pump

Do you remember getting at the bolt from the bottom of the pump or the top? I'm leaning toward bolt #1 right now, but it is torqued on there pretty tight and I don't want to loosen something that isn't the right one. #1 is very difficult to get at. So far, I have only been able to get a crecent wrench on it, and not been able to break it free. My socket with the smallest extension is too big. Using just a deep socket is too short. Anything you can remember about this would be appreciated. I am also having trouble getting the engine bracket off. I mentioned it in a different post. It seems to be hitting the lower timing belt cover, but everything I have read says to remove the mount before the crankshaft pulley and lower timing belt cover. Any ideas? I have more info on this on my other post.

Thanks

Here is a pic from the top of the engine looking down on the power steering pump.  Are any of the numbered bolts the one I should loosen?  If not, could someone point me in the right direction?

PLEASE HELP!

I have instructions for the removal of a 97 ES300 Power steering pump which includes belt removal, Remove right front fender apron. Disconnect right tie rod end. Remove drive belt. Using power steering hose nut wrench [ 09631-00020}, Disconnect pressure line. Remove pump mounting bolt and nut. Remove pump. To install, reverse removal procedure. Bleed system.

This is for a 97 ES300. Hope that this helps in some way. ;)

• Like 1

Here is a pic from the top of the engine looking down on the power steering pump.  Are any of the numbered bolts the one I should loosen?  If not, could someone point me in the right direction?

PLEASE HELP!

I have instructions for the removal of a 97 ES300 Power steering pump which includes belt removal, Remove right front fender apron. Disconnect right tie rod end. Remove drive belt. Using power steering hose nut wrench [ 09631-00020}, Disconnect pressure line. Remove pump mounting bolt and nut. Remove pump. To install, reverse removal procedure. Bleed system.

This is for a 97 ES300. Hope that this helps in some way. ;)

dcfish,

Have you ever removed the power steering pump? What I am looking for is exactly which bolts I am supposed to loosen to get the belt off so I can change my timing belt. If you have done it, do any of the bolts I mentioned look like the right one? I loosened the one that attaches to the slotted bracket, but I need to know which one pivots the pump. I can't find a picture of an ES300 power steering pump anywhere. If I saw one, I could take a better guess at which bolt it is. As you can see from my pictures, there are a couple of bolts in the area of the pump. I don't want to remove something I'm not supposed to.

Thanks

1993-96 Models

then click on picture. and its shows 1mzfe .

Thanks CAMLEX, that diagram pointed me right to the bolt. It would be the #1 bolt I suspected. Unfortunately, it is on there TIGHT and I can't get much leverage on it. I'm going to keep working at it and hopefully get it loose.

Thanks to all for the help!