Rx400h And Dvd

swmbo18

My dealer tells me that ALL Rx400H's will have DVD's, at least for the first six months, and there is no choice involved. From previous listings here, I thought it was going to be 80% of inventory without DVDs. Has anyone else heard about this or is the dealer just trying to see me an unwanted DVD?

The confusion probably comes from two features having a DVD component.

There is the DVD Navigation System - this is a standard feature on the Rx400h so it is always there. So all Rx400h's will have that kind of "DVD".

Then there is the rear DVD entertainment system - AFAIK, the only true option in the first builds. My dealer says that only 20% of the first builds are getting that option. My RX400H doesn't have it.

Question for RX 330 owners - is the DVD in the RX330 navigation system only for loading navigation information or can you play a DVD movie on it when stopped? I've assumed that it only holds the navigation information but I'm not sure of that.

The confusion probably comes from two features having a DVD component.

There is the DVD Navigation System - this is a standard feature on the Rx400h so it is always there. So all Rx400h's will have that kind of "DVD".

Then there is the rear DVD entertainment system - AFAIK, the only true option in the first builds. My dealer says that only 20% of the first builds are getting that option. My RX400H doesn't have it.

Question for RX 330 owners - is the DVD in the RX330 navigation system only for loading navigation information or can you play a DVD movie on it when stopped? I've assumed that it only holds the navigation information but I'm not sure of that.

Actually, i have a "straight" RX330 w Nav+DVD RearEntertainmetnSystem (RES)

I can watch DVD movies on BOTH monitors when the car is STOPPED (ie the front "NAV" screen and the Rear DVD screen)

You can NOT watch movies while driving the car on the FRONT NAV Screen :cries:

That could be DANGEROUS :chairshot:

Here is the data I got from my dealer on the first run of the 400h. Out of 434 units, 43 will have the rear DVD. That's only 10%. He also told me that 78 of those were my first color choice (Flint Mica).

The dealer will be receiving two Flint Micas in their first shipment. Neither one has the rear DVD player. One has light gray interior and the other has black. Does anyone have a preference of gray or black? I was wondering about the lighter color showing dirt more. Any experience with the light gray?

Here is the data I got from my dealer on the first run of the 400h.  Out of 434 units, 43 will have the rear DVD.  That's only 10%.  He also told me that 78 of those were my first color choice (Flint Mica).

The dealer will be receiving two Flint Micas in their first shipment.  Neither one has the rear DVD player.  One has light gray interior and the other has black.  Does anyone have a preference of gray or black?  I was wondering about the lighter color showing dirt more.  Any experience with the light gray?

The Black really looks good with wood accents, but 400h only comes with aluminum. My dealer has Lexus and aftermarket wood kits that fit the 330 I did some measuring and the pieces look the same size. I think I will have them install a wood kit.

I personally like the lighter color interior better, but would imagine black would look better with the aluminum trim. However, black shows a lot of dust as opposed to gray showing dirt more. I have the gray and am glad I do ... the mats got dirty REALLY easy, but I now have the all-weather mats and they are great imho. I was going to get them anyhow.

The other thing you should consider is heat from sitting out in the sun. Black seats can get firey hot, but have the advantage of not showing dirt or dye as well as do lighter colors.

You can NOT watch movies while driving the car on the FRONT NAV Screen :cries:

That could be DANGEROUS :chairshot:

oh my gosh, that is so dangerous. maybe you should go kill yourself. :o

oh my gosh..and maybe your a J#$OFF

wait you DEF are a J#$OFF