Lets Talk Porter Cable Polisher

Just ordered the Autopia Porter Cable Polisher.

I have a discount code for this - if anyone wants it - send me a PM.

Was delivered today - excellent turnaround. Ordered 31/03 - arrived today in the UK.

Comes in a nice box :)

gallery_1125_105_835286.jpg

And its choc-fulla-goodies :D

gallery_1125_105_806144.jpg

Can I just run through what gets used for what?

My weapons of choice are Klasse All In One, Klasse Sealant Glaze and Pinnacle Souveran Wax.

I have a very dark blue car, almost black - and just AIO and Souveran put a beautiful deep shine on the car. So - I am quite looking forward to getting a good few layers of Sealant Glaze down, as I was very happy with the effect of SG on my IS.

I also want to use Meguiars Scratch X on the paintwork. I have some light swirls and scratches, and I would much rather not!

So, I was thinking of using the;

- Green Pad to apply the scratch x.

- Blue Pad to apply the All In One

- buffing bonnet, over the orange pad, to apply the Sealant Glaze.

But - then I get stuck :blushing:

What should I use to apply and buff off the Souveran?

Apply by hand and use the (washed and clean) buffing bonnet to polish off?

Would appreciate any guidance (and critique) you can offer guys :D

Best qualities of a cutting and polishing pad in one!

Use the Sonüs DAS Orange Foam Pad to remove swirl marks, light scratches, water spots and medium oxidation. This foam pad works great with Einszett Ultra Polish and Autoglym Paint Renovator. This pad is not as aggressive as most yellow cutting pads, yet it achieves 90% of the work without dulling the clear coat finish. Follow the Sonüs DAS Orange Foam Pad should always be followed with the DAS Green Foam Pad and a finishing polish.

Gently clean, perfect and improve gloss with the Sonüs DAS Green Foam Pad

Sonüs DAS Green Foam Pad is to be used on clear coats to remove minor swirl marks and light oxidation. The Green pad works great with Einszett Paint Polish and Meguiar's Dual-Action Cleaner/Polish to restore gloss lost due to low maintenance or extreme environmental conditions. To remove heavy oxidation, excessive swirl marks and minor scratches, first use the Sonüs DAS Orange Foam Pad with paint cleaner.

Create and maintain superior gloss and radiance with the Sonüs DAS Blue Foam Pad!

The Sonüs DAS Blue Foam Pad is to be used on clear coats for final gloss polishing and pre-wax cleaning. When used with a pre-wax cleaner or fine polish, such as Sonüs Paintwork Cleanser, it will improve overall gloss, but it will not remove paint defects. This pad works great with Sonüs Paintwork Cleanser, Meguiar’s Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner, Klasse All-In-One, P21S Paintwork Cleanser, and Einszett Metallic.

Apply your favorite wax Souveranor sealant by machine!

Use the Sonüs DAS Grey Foam Pad to apply liquid waxes and sealants. The silky-smooth texture of the grey foam applies a thin, even coating of wax or sealant protection.

The Sonüs DAS Buffing Bonnet is the easy way to remove polish and wax residue and bring out a radiant, high-gloss finish.

The polishing advantage of our edgeless microfiber towel is now available in the Sonüs DAS Buffing Bonnet for your Porter Cable Polisher. Our DAS Buffing Bonnets can be used after polishing to remove light polish residues. These bonnets are superb for removing single-step products like Klasse All-In-One and Autoglym Super Resin Polish. The DAS Buffing Bonnet has just the right texture to apply a super thin layer of Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze or Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection, which require a very light coating for easy removal and best gloss. The DAS Buffing Bonnet fits over any 6-7 inch foam pad. The DAS Orange Foam Pad is the ideal density.

JonM

I took a look at the product descriptions before posting mate - thanks :)

Apply your favorite wax Souveranor sealant by machine! 

Use the Sonüs DAS Grey Foam Pad to apply liquid waxes and sealants. The silky-smooth texture of the grey foam applies a thin, even coating of wax or sealant protection.

JonM

I never got a grey pad :unsure:

and autopia doesn't seem to list em.

Do you think they mean the standard pad that comes with the PC? (although I would describe that as white - not grey)

I wouldnt use the Scratch X. Its more of a by hand single area type of product. I'd get something nice like Meguiars #80, that should be easy for you to get to use to polish the car out prior to the AIO.

I wouldnt use the Scratch X. Its more of a by hand single area type of product. I'd get something nice like Meguiars #80, that should be easy for you to get to use to polish the car out prior to the AIO.

speaking of polishes SW, where are mine? :whistles: :unsure: ;)

Matthew_McNally- you are correct they no longer carry a gey/black foam pad (teach me to use an old write-up) sorry mate.

I don't apply wax with a machine (perhaps others don't either so Autopia stopped carrying them, who knows)

This is my method-slightly dampen a DF™ Concours Towel and use it to apply Souveran wax to your car. It will not scratch the surface and will apply wax in an even and consistent manner.

JonM

Matthew_McNally- you are correct they no longer carry a gey/black foam pad (teach me to use an old write-up) sorry mate.

I don't apply wax with a machine (perhaps others don't either so Autopia stopped carrying them, who knows)

This is my method-slightly dampen a DF™ Concours Towel and use it to apply Souveran wax to your car. It will not scratch the surface and will apply wax in an even and consistent manner.

JonM

I also just recieved my portercable 7424 and the Sonus DAS pad kit

is the blue pad like a finishing pad?

"The Sonüs DAS Blue Foam Pad is to be used on clear coats for final gloss polishing and pre-wax cleaning. When used with a pre-wax cleaner or fine polish, such as Sonüs Paintwork Cleanser, it will improve overall gloss, but it will not remove paint defects.

This pad works great with Sonüs Paintwork Cleanser, Meguiar’s Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner, Klasse All-In-One and P21S Paintwork Cleanser.

Use the Sonüs DAS Blue Foam Pad to apply liquid waxes and sealants, too"

speaking of polishes SW, where are mine?:whistles: :unsure: ;)

Dammit! I'm sorry! I'll get these out to you I promise!

Moving coupled with starting my new business has me scatterbrained.

speaking of polishes SW, where are mine?:whistles: :unsure: ;)

Dammit! I'm sorry! I'll get these out to you I promise!

Moving coupled with starting my new business has me scatterbrained.

No problem, the meet is on the 16th and i would LOVE to have them before then, but if not thats ok too. ;) i dont NEED them to make my car look good, but it sure would help :) you still have that plate frame?

• 2 weeks later...