Gs430 Replacement Tires

The Potenzas that are on my GS430 are terrible, rough ride, noisey and wander all over the place. I want to replace with a quieter more confortable tire, possibly Toyo, Michelin or Goodyear. I am thinking of going to a 235/55/17 to improve the ride and fill the wheel well a little better. I would love to hear from other GS430 owners who have changed tires with the intention of improving the ride quality.

Hey Russ,

I have been hearing a lot of good things about the Pirelli PZero Nero but have not ran them. I did run the Kuhmo ASX's on my Volvo S70 T5 and I can say that they were very quiet and the ride was fantastic compared to my Yoko AVS ES100s. I would suggest you go to www.tirerack.com or www.tires.com and do some research. Regarding trying to fill up your wheel wells I would check and see what that will do to your spedo, personally I wouldn't change to 55's. I think selecting the correct tires will get you what you want on ride quality.

I have Pirelli P Zero Assymetrico on my GS430 at the moment, and I disklike them.

They are a hard compund, and are giving me some disconcerting wheelspin at inappropriate times.

I am changing them on Tuesday to Goodyear Eagles F1 GS-D3.

Thanks for the response. I would be interested to hear from you when you get the Goodyears on.

The Potenzas that are on my GS430 are terrible, rough ride, noisey and wander all over the place. I want to replace with a quieter more confortable tire, possibly Toyo, Michelin or Goodyear. I am thinking of going to a 235/55/17 to improve the ride and fill the wheel well a little better. I would love to hear from other GS430 owners who have changed tires with the intention of improving the ride quality.

Are you looking to go with a Summer high performance tire or an Ultra high performance All season tire? B)

I'm not so sure moving to a 235 55 17 size will make that much of a significant difference either from the factory 235 45 17's & also less choices available btw. Just my 2 cents ;)

:cheers:

Are you looking to go with a Summer high performance tire or an Ultra high performance All season tire? B)

I'm not so sure moving to a 235 55 17 size will make that much of a significant difference either from the factory 235 45 17's & also less choices available btw. Just my 2 cents ;)

I am interested in an all season tire that improves the ride and reduces road noise. I have heard good things about the Michelin Pilot PS2 and the Falken 512. Everyone seems to love the Falken and it is alot cheaper than the Michelin. I would still ove to hear from GS430 owners who have changes tires and enjoyed an improvement. Thanks for the information.

I am interested in an all season tire that improves the ride and reduces road noise. I have heard good things about the Michelin Pilot PS2 and the Falken 512. Everyone seems to love the Falken and it is alot cheaper than the Michelin. I would still ove to hear from GS430 owners who have changes tires and enjoyed an improvement. Thanks for the information.

The Michelim Pilot Sport PS2 is a summer tire, not an all season. The Michelin you should consider would be the Pilot Sport A/S, but it is quite expensive. The Falken 512's would be an EXCELLENT choice in your size & much cheaper than the Michelins. Another tires worth considering would be the Avon Tech M550 A/S.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...romCompare1=yes

http://www.falkentire.com/tires_512.htm

Keep us posted on your decision. The Falken or the Avon would be two of the best overall values for what your looking for in a tire. You will get as good (if not better traction & mileage) with these 2 choices as you will with the Michelin for much less cash. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
I switched from the Bridgestone OEM to 245/45/17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S.

The ride is smoother because the tire is taller.  The grip is not as good... but the

treadwear is 30% better.

The Pilot Sport A/S are good tires.......but compared to other tires, it's very pricy! :blink:

Russ, have you made a decision on tires? :unsure:

The ride is smoother because the tire is taller.  The grip is not as good... but the

treadwear is 30% better.

The Pilot Sport A/S are good tires.......but compared to other tires, it's very pricy! :blink:

Not yet, although I am going to have to get busy because I had a flat yesterday and before I could get to the side of the freeway, the tire was ruined. The Potenza R030's are not made anymore so I'm screwed. I spoke with a local dealer about the Falken 512's and he said they are hard to get and wouldn't recommend them. He directed me to the Dunlop 9000's, but I haven't bought anything just yet.

I have the Michelin Pilot Sport AS 17's on my GS and they are the best damn tire I have ever owned. Whatever they cost, I will pay, to put them on the car again when these ones wear out. I am done looking for tire brands.

treadwear is 30% better.

Not yet, although I am going to have to get busy because I had a flat yesterday and before I could get to the side of the freeway, the tire was ruined. The Potenza R030's are not made anymore so I'm screwed. I spoke with a local dealer about the Falken 512's and he said they are hard to get and wouldn't recommend them. He directed me to the Dunlop 9000's, but I haven't bought anything just yet.

Find yourself another tire dealer that can get the Falken's! B) & why exactly did he say he didn't recommend them? I'd stay away from the Dunlop's personally (they are Z speed rated & will have a fairly harsh ride because of it & the extremely aggressive look of the tread pattern, they are not built for comfort).......Don't over rule the Falken's or you will be doing yourself a diservice bigtime! Do a search in the tire forums for more information. ;)

You never mentioned what tire size you need (OE tire size). I assume they are 235 45 17? :unsure:

I've read great things about the Bridgestone Turanza's.  I will move to those once I wrack up a few more miles on my Michelins.

I'd steer very clear of Bridgestone & Firestone. :whistles:

treadwear is 30% better.

Find yourself another tire dealer that can get the Falken's! B) & why exactly did he say he didn't recommend them? I'd stay away from the Dunlop's personally (they are Z speed rated & will have a fairly harsh ride because of it & the extremely aggressive look of the tread pattern, they are not built for comfort).......Don't over rule the Falken's or you will be doing yourself a diservice bigtime! Do a search in the tire forums for more information. ;)

You never mentioned what tire size you need (OE tire size). I assume they are 235 45 17? :unsure:

I have the 235/45/17's on the car, but am thinking of going to 235/50/17's to get a little more sidewall. I am definately more interested in the ride quality than performance, especially in view of the fact that most people (myself included) don't have the ability to take advantage of the "ultra high performance" tire's capabilities.

I think the tire dealer just doesn't want to push the Falkens. I would really lik to hear from someone who has the Falkens on a GS430.

Thanks for all the information and suggestions.

I have the 235/45/17's on the car, but am thinking of going to 235/50/17's to get a little more sidewall. I am definately more interested in the ride quality than performance, especially in view of the fact that most people (myself included) don't have the ability to take advantage of the "ultra high performance" tire's capabilities.

I think the tire dealer just doesn't want to push the Falkens. I would really lik to hear from someone who has the Falkens on a GS430.

Thanks for all the information and suggestions.

Try doing search in the wheels / tires forums on this site......just type in Falken Ziex ZE-512. You won't beat the value of overall performance (especially in bad weather), excellent ride quality & very good handling! B) You can also go to www.clublexus.com & do a search on the tire forum. Good Luck! B)