Happy Birthday To Me

ArmyofOne

Thats right, im an april fools baby. shout out to all my other april fools peeps and all my LOC peeps as well. Happy Birthday to me :D

I get to go to fresco's (its a mexican rest.) and its paid for by my family and my lady. Free food!

Im 20 BTW.

Happy Birthday Army! :)

I can remember when I was 20 and modifying my fathers 1950 Oldsmobile Rocket 88 with dual Cadillac carburetors (Rochester) on an Edelbrock manifold... Plus a dual straight thru muffler system... and then de-chroming the car and giving it a super lacquer paint job.

Ahhh.....those were the days. :(

I bet you young dudes don't even know what I'm talking about. :lol:

Happy Birthday Army!  :)

I can remember when I was 20 and modifying my fathers 1950 Oldsmobile Rocket 88 with dual Cadillac carburetors (Rochester) on an Edelbrock manifold... Plus a dual straight thru muffler system... and then de-chroming the car and giving it a super lacquer paint job.

Ahhh.....those were the days.  :(

I bet you young dudes don't even know what I'm talking about.  :lol:

no, i do, i did it with the charger :) (the laquer paintjob)

How about chopping and channeling car body's?  B)

yep, been there and done that too. ever chop the top on a 48 ford?

never really channeeled all that much, what is involved? (PM me if you want).

did alot of chop tops and custom molded fronts/rears, like a 59 caddy deville rear on a 57 bel air. that was COOL. B)

heh, i was a car plastic surgeon. my dad did mopst fo the work, but i learned SOOOOOOOOO much.

did alot of chop tops and custom molded fronts/rears, like a 59 caddy deville rear on a 57 bel air. that was COOL. B)

heh, i was a car plastic surgeon. my dad did mopst fo the work, but i learned SOOOOOOOOO much.

Not on a '48 Ford, but a '41 Ford convertible. But the biggest thing we did was to the engine & transmission. Full race cam, holly dual carbs on an Edelbrock manifold, put in Lincoln gears into the tranny. It's really hard to remember all the modifications that I used to do on the many cars I've worked on. It was a long time ago. Lot's of stories I could tell. :)

BTW: I took a 6" section out of the mid section of a '41 Chevrolet Coupe and also chopped the top about 3". Doing this type of work required welding and leading in.

Then plenty of adjusting the window mechanisms. Let's just say, we had the time to do all this stuff. It was fun and also a learning experience.

Not on a '48 Ford, but a '41 Ford convertible. But the biggest thing we did was to the engine & transmission. Full race cam, holly dual carbs on an Edelbrock manifold, put in Lincoln gears into the tranny. It's really hard to remember all the modifications that I used to do on the many cars I've worked on. It was a long time ago. Lot's of stories I could tell. :)

BTW: I took a 6" section out of the mid section of a '41 Chevrolet Coupe and also chopped the top about 3". Doing this type of work required welding and leading in.

Then plenty of adjusting the window mechanisms. Let's just say, we had the time to do all this stuff. It was fun and also a learning experience.

ah ok. i was trying to get the context of "channeling" cause nowadays, that term is used alot when converting FWD to RWD, youhave to "channel" the floorpan to create a space for the tranny and driveshaft to clear. you are speaking in terms of the old school. i have done some of that too, but not too much exp in channeling.

I do rememebr one time, we cut 2 of the early 90s bonnevilles (FWD) in half, and welded the 2 fronts together. this was a project in high school auto shop. never did get it to work quite right, the steering mechanisims were weird. we ended up goiong solid axle on one end, but it was FUNNY! we painted it all up, put rims on it and set it out in front of the school. it was great! we used it in the football games and stuff!

Read this, it'll give you a good idea about channeling>

http://www.rodandcustommagazine.com/techarticles/86378/

ah! good link, yes, we were told how to do that, spent a few weeks on it in auto shop, never really did much with it though. but i have seen some goooooood looking body drops. i see this done with sport trucks alot. and lowriders. its still a pretty common practice, but known as Body Drop, rather than channel. am i right?

Happy Birthday! Glad to know I'm not the only "youngin'" in here. We're definitely a minority! I saw an ES250 today on campus that looked exactly like yours, not something you come by often. See ya...