Serious:oem Alarm Got My Starter On Kill...

I recently bought a '92 sc400, just got a new trans and fixed the driver's side door and I then I discovered that there is a factory alarm. Well, I opened the lexus manual and followed the instructions in the book and then I completely blew it. I had to have blown it. I went to start my car and the starter went 'cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccck' - I have no idea how to stop the kill switch from doing this - can ANYONE please help me???? Not to mention that the CD/Stereo was already deactivated from a new battery, I just can't win. I'll never be able to drive my car at the rate I am going.

Please help, I'm totally clueless.

Thanks - falxwon

NAH- that battery is completely fresh, like two weeks old. How would that be possible? I swear, all the lights, windows and all the other goodies work. Just a question: If the alarm cut the starter (as it says in the manual) would it still make that ticking/clicking sound every time I crank?

If you hear a click then your battery is dead it is not the alarm

Got it, I'll do that in the morning guys. I'll let you know how this all works out.

By the way, with all this in mind - would anyone know what to do about the stereo/cd? The lights on the face of the factory player are just blinking, it's not playing at all. When I changed the battery it nullified the stereo/cd player. Is there a code to reactivate it? Thanks again guys, falxwon

If a jump dosen't fix it then odds are you've got a bad starter. Shop around for a starter specialty shop and you can save big. Starters can easily run a couple hundred dollars not even considering the installation. I know a local shop that rebuilds 'em all day for $125 parts labor and all.

Hey gang, it all worked out. I jumped Black Betty and she started right up. Hey VincyRay, could you pass along that info about that place? You can email it to me at falxwon@gmail.com - I'd appreciate it bro! Thanks!

The stereo - well, there's no code in the manual. I guess I might have to go with the dealership or a specialty shop.

If a jump dosen't fix it then odds are you've got a bad starter.  Shop around for a starter specialty shop and you can save big.  Starters can easily run a couple hundred dollars not even considering the installation.  I know a local shop that rebuilds 'em all day for $125 parts labor and all.