Audio Help Please.

I have been having this problem for over a month now. My sub channel does not work, but every other channel in the car works 100% and has lots of power still. It is NOT a blown speaker. I have tried 3 different subs on this channel and it still does not work even remotely. I took out the back seats and back dash when I installed the rear suspension and checked that the wiring was all in check. Still does not work. NOT a blown speaker. What I do not know is whether or not the system's amplifier (the one located on the floor under the passenger seat) is JUST for the sub channel, or for ALL channels. If it is just a sub amp, then I think I found the problem. But, if it is an amp for the whole system (meaning the head unit makes no juice itself), then I have no idea what the heck is going on. Some one please help!!

Thank you all in advance.

P.S. It is NOT a blown speaker!

I have been having this problem for over a month now. My sub channel does not work, but every other channel in the car works 100% and has lots of power still. It is NOT a blown speaker. I have tried 3 different subs on this channel and it still does not work even remotely. I took out the back seats and back dash when I installed the rear suspension and checked that the wiring was all in check. Still does not work. NOT a blown speaker. What I do not know is whether or not the system's amplifier (the one located on the floor under the passenger seat) is JUST for the sub channel, or for ALL channels. If it is just a sub amp, then I think I found the problem. But, if it is an amp for the whole system (meaning the head unit makes no juice itself), then I have no idea what the heck is going on. Some one please help!!

Thank you all in advance.

P.S. It is NOT a blown speaker!

I have a 94 es (pretty much the same body style) and have torn everything out at one time or another now (installed 2 12 inch subs and an amp w/ power cap in the trunk and wired the ewhole dang thing) BUT I have a 94...in the 97 is there like a stock sub or something? I'm not sure what ya mean by sub channel...if thats what it is then just like what ive had on 2 aftermarket amps the channel in the amp is blown on your factory amp. I would just try and find a way to split off another channel...for instance my subs run off the rear speaker channel...I just got like a 10$ hi level to RCA converter (by PAC) and wired it off the two rears...one way or the other there has to be another channel you can just share off of.

Again I'm not all that familiar w/ a 97. Do you mean that your rear speakers arent getting any output? if thats the case then I would wire the rears to share the channel w/ the fronts...I know thats not how it was 'designed' but whatever...as long as my hi's n mids work and my subs are hitting...DONT MATTER TO ME B) I apologize if my reply is irrelevant to your problem.

btw nice rims

Thanks for the reply. Yeah my car comes stock with a sub in the back dash, sharing a space with the 3rd brake light. That is the one that is not working. So I guess that it IS possible for just one channel to blow. Any more comments from anyone would still be appreciated. I can never have too much input. And thanks for liking my rims. You have good taste. =D