Can Anybody Help Me Program My Remote Key

I bought a remote key on ebay for my 93 ES300 , i read the topic an d i followed the instruction given in a previous topic, like turn ign twice . lock un lock dorrs, 5 times...i did that and i was suppose to hear a beep, but i never did. does anybody know how? thanks

bbsal perhaps you could present your procedure in a numeric step fashion so its a bit easier to follow? Such as,

and so on...

maybe you're missing a step fyounes

here's the step

1.turn ignition on twice

2. lock and unlock door 5 times while door is open

3. shut the door and then open it.

4. repeat step 2

after step 4 i was suppose to hear a beep but i never did.

ok i did mess up.heres how to do it again

1 open the driver door and unlock no ignition key yet

2 insert ingnition key then remove it dont turn the key on just insert and remove quickly

3 lock unlock doors 5 times

4 close driver door then open it

5 then lock unlock another 5 times

6 insert key and turn on off twice then remove it within 3 seconds

7 now you will here the beep and after hearing the beep hit your button on the key

8 after hitting the button on the key shut the door then open it and hit the button again on the key and thats it.

your key should now be programmed.

let me know if it works because this is the correct way to do it.

well thats the correct way to do it.maybe your not doing it fast enough.it toke me alot of trys before i got the hang of it.when you open your door make sure its unlocked and then just stick the key in for about 3 seconds then pull it out and start the door locks.when i say 5 times for the doors are you doing it five times?it should go like this(door open,lock,unlock,lock,unlock,lock,unlock,lock unlock,lock unlock,then shut the door then open it then do it another five times then stick the key in and turn on off on off and take the key out and it should beep and you will see the doors lock and then unlock themselfs then hit the button on your key.let me know/

one thing i want to tell you.

my master remote key is not working however i use still use the key

and the second key i bought on ebay has the same FCC ID. but i cant use it.

so when i turn ignition twice i am using the old key, i dont know if it matters,

i tuned the radio to FM to 94.9 and pressed the button the new key, i can hear some frequency but not the alarm.

i hope this might help.

about how fast am i doing it pretty steady i mean quite fast.

i did the same thing as you and bought a new remote off ebay.i just programmed it to the alarm and never had a problem.anyway it dont matter what key you put in the igintion as long as its for your car and starts the car.try slowing down when doing the key part of the programming like when you turn the ignition on and off do it slow and also slow down with doing the unlock lock on the doors.it should work no trouble for you but if it still dont then i assume you might have a problem with the alarm.

actually the procedure is made to resync your key with the alarm brain

not add a new one

as from the manual

" open the drivers side door, others closed

using the door lock control switch

perform " lock , unlock " operation 10 times within 30 seconds

keep each state for about 1 second

less than 2 seconds after performing the above

continue to press the transmitter switch for 10 seconds

does nothing

if it locks 2 time the codes do not match the rom and ecu

3 times transmitter fault

well i got about 3 pages of different factory alarms that can be reprogrammed and the lexus was on there and i needed a remote because when i bought my car it didnt come with a master key so i just ordered one on ebay and toke the key out and just use the button for my alarm.when i heard the beep on my car i pressed the button on the remote and that was it.all works great now.

skperformance

I did follow the procedure that you provided,

after lock unlock 10 times

pressed the button fe 10 seconds.

my car locked unlocked twice,,

after that i tried to use it still never worked

Do you think i can have this ket to be programmed to the car???

about this whole key thing, i have a remote key (little black button on the side of the key) but when i bought the car, the battery was dead. anyone know if this is just a lock/ unlock or do i have an alarm on this car? if no one knows, how do i find out what my car has on it.........