Hows This For A Tire?

ArmyofOne

Thats the case with all Dunlop tires. Good smooth quiet tires with good traction but TERRIBLE treadwear.

Agreed! B)

:cheers:

ill agree, i cant so much as even try to break the rear end loose, it just aint happening!! even when bald they hold strong!

i found something disturbing today...check this out guys:

DCP02367.sized.jpg

that would be the source of my pull, and of my slight wobble at low speeds...i wondered....

Keep us posted on your tire wear problem as well as your tranny concerns Army. Don't do anything just yet with tires until you find out about the other stuff & the costs. Just my suggestion. B)

Keep us posted on your tire wear problem as well as your tranny concerns Army.  Don't do anything just yet with tires until you find out about the other stuff & the costs.  Just my suggestion.  B)

checkthe tranny thread for update.

as for the tires, i will go to discount tire tomorrow and see if they have the falkens in stock. i will then reserve a set and have them put on next week.

if they dont have a set in stock that they can reserve, i will order them online, but i would rather get them from the store, i have a coupon for $25 off any set of tires or wheels, and now is the itme to use it. :D

Keep us posted on your tire wear problem as well as your tranny concerns Army.  Don't do anything just yet with tires until you find out about the other stuff & the costs.  Just my suggestion.   B)

checkthe tranny thread for update.

as for the tires, i will go to discount tire tomorrow and see if they have the falkens in stock. i will then reserve a set and have them put on next week.

if they dont have a set in stock that they can reserve, i will order them online, but i would rather get them from the store, i have a coupon for $25 off any set of tires or wheels, and now is the itme to use it. :D

I do have another issue, i dont need atire that will do 149 mph...my car wont even go that fast!

130 is plenty of speed rating...the 205 you have listed:

205/50R15 86H 28-331-572 6.5 5.5 - 7.5 23.2 8.1 6.9 10/32 51 1168

i will ask about today when i go to discount tire.

im just shopping at the moment. the problem with this tire, is its not listed on discount tire direct...

ok, i have made my desicion. due to the ride of the car and the price of the tire, i am going to get these...same tire, but OEM size:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/f...id=006158&ar=60

48 each

after tax mounting and balancing that comes to $281.45...MUCH better. and they havea 60,000 mile garuntee. size is 190-60-R15

they are HR rated...more than i need.

i figured out what caused my tire bubble...

i exceeded the speed rating numerous times...those yokos were only rated at 110!!

That may or may not have caused the problem, that looks to me like the belts have shifted, I bet that was from the bad rack.

but why did it just all of a sudden appear RIGHT after i had the rack replaced. i mean, i didnt drive 10 feet before i noticed it. i caled jason 10 mins into the drive on my way home and he said if it was the alignment it should settle out. when i brought it back amonth later and it was still doing it, he swapped the tires around and that made it pull the other direction.

oh well...i will have discount tire put that tire in my trunk so i can take some pix of the belts...a few more mileson it and the trad would have come undone...

Who knows why, could have been road forces in a different area finally popped the belt into that position.

im just glad it didnt fly apart while i was going stupid fast...*cough* triple digit speeds *cough*

• 3 weeks later...
ok, i have made my desicion. due to the ride of the car and the price of the tire, i am going to get these...same tire, but OEM size:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/f...id=006158&ar=60

48 each

after tax mounting and balancing that comes to $281.45...MUCH better. and they havea 60,000 mile garuntee.  size is 190-60-R15

they are HR rated...more than i need.

i figured out what caused my tire bubble...

i exceeded the speed rating numerous times...those yokos were only rated at 110!!

Glad you went with the Falkens Army! B) You will be very happy with your decision. ;)