Homelink

lex

mine came standard with it, it is between the visors. It's good stuff.

I even tried programming my TV remote to button #3 so that it was on when I got in.

CAN YOU SAY LAAAAZZZZYYYYYYY!!!! :chairshot:

steviej

Homelink is a system that learns most all remote control codes such as the garage door opener. On my '03 ES there are three buttons that you can program to do these actions or others. My Owners Manual tells you the sequence to have it learn the code.......I did this to replace my original garage door opener. ;)

oh, that's what homelink is... i use it too for my garage door opener, but i just never knew the actual name of it :P

funny thought occurred to me... if the tv's on in your house, and you press the button to turn it on, will it turn the tv off instead since it was already on and freak the people in the house out? :P

yeah, but doesn't it only work if you TV remote is RF and not infrared? I know BOSE stereo systems use RF Receivers. I didn't know there are TVs that use RF remotes.

I follow the manual... point my garage remote to homelink... then hold both (homelink and my garage remote) for 10+ sec.... to let the homelink "learn" the signal... the light of homelink didn't change to rapid flash... and it doesn't work.. :-(

How do you setup the Homelink ?... any special trick??... with key on.... engine on .. etc ???

Thanks...

PS: steviej and amf1932: do you have any pix of your cars (with rear spoiler).. I'm looking for one

----------------------------------------

2003 Alabaster Metallic ES 300

Hi lexdriver,

When you tried to set up the Homelink to learn your garage remote did you hold the remote very close to the buttons on your car? I did it with the engine running although I don't know whether that was necessary. Also, make sure that the battery in your remote is in good shape. Press and hold the Homelink button that you want to program then press and hold the garage remote and it should change to a rapid flash after about 10 seconds. How old is the garage remote because some older types of remotes won't work with the Homelink system.

Here's a link to the pictures of my spoiler that I put up on this board last week:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...=ST&f=7&t=1717&