My Car...

SW03ES

Took a couple quick pics of my car in a parking lot today after a nice wash and a coat of the new Mother's SynWax which was pretty good. Whats everybody think? Not bad for 2 years and 40k miles huh?

SynWax1.jpg

Here's a closeup of the color, sorry for the could swirls thats unavoidable in the winter on a daily driver. They'll be polished out some time next month

SynWax2.jpg

Whats everybody think?

i should probably get a pic up on here of my car....It looked pretty bad when I got it. The bottom cladding has been etched becuase of a .5" layer of road salt/crust coated on top. I used goof-off, then 3M rubbing compound, then zymol wax, and then NXT spray wax....it is definatly shiny and slick, just has the etched look....i assume there is not way to get rid of that? un less i re-clearcoat?

Not neccisarily, you'd be surprised what a good machine polishing can do for the paint. Lexus has pretty good paint, I bet a good going over with a PC (or maybe a rotary if it needs it) would make it look a lot better.

do u know where I might be able to pick up a PC pretty cheap? I have been having a hard time finding one. Aside from me polishing my car, I also work on my GF's car who is sponsored by many companies...SO....her paint needs to look its best as well during the show season. any ideas?

You can get them from Lowes and Coastaltool.com pretty cheap. The buffer itself is $120 or so, plus $50 in pads, a $10 backing plate and say $20 for polishes.

Since you're near me I'd be happy ot show you how to use it some day when it gets nicer.

Took a couple quick pics of my car in a parking lot today after a nice wash and a coat of the new Mother's SynWax which was pretty good. Whats everybody think? Not bad for 2 years and 40k miles huh?

SynWax1.jpg

Here's a closeup of the color, sorry for the could swirls thats unavoidable in the winter on a daily driver. They'll be polished out some time next month

SynWax2.jpg

Whats everybody think?

oops, trouble attaching

looking good Steve - said it before, and I'll say it again - I think thats a beautiful colour.

You guys over there get some nice colours - they are only available as special order over here, and I only found that out a few weeks ago.

you still thinking of changing the wheels mate?

some nice, bigger wheels in those arches would be really nice - I think those wheels look a bit small on a car that size.

Can't wait until I get a chance to do mine. We simply have not had the weather since I bought it to make it worthwile doing anything other than a polish, and taking it somewhere for a weekly wash :blushing:

Thanks guys!

Neil- A kit as in a body kit? Naa, not my thing.

Matt- I've kicked around new wheels, but I don't know if I'd do a bigger size. One of my favorite things is the ride and I'd hate to spoil it. The wheels actually don't look that small on the car in person, some reason it just comes across that way in pictures. What the car really needs is about a 1" drop.

I know what you mean about the weather being bad, its been so bad here I've actyally run it through the CAR WASH a couple times...GASP!

i was refering to myself in getting things repainted once my bumper gets here from japan.

yeah, if i had your car, i would leave it just the way it is. your color is awesome. maybe i would slightly tint the windows, get the 05 projectors and bigger wheels.

Neil- I'm definately going to tint here before too long, it needs it. I'm undecided about the new projectors, I like them but I think I like the reflectors better.

man SW, you suck! :P

What swilrs are you talkig about, its flawless!

mine looks pretty good too:

DCP02203.sized.jpg

not bad for 15 years old eh? its actually better in person, my cam sucks too LOL.

your car is perfect. but it could use a tint. and a drop (it not your car, its all the ES300s/330's since the last major redesign in 02 i think, they ALL look like they ride WAYYY to high.)

i like subtle luxury, as long as you dont bling it ou, you will have the most beautiful ES this side of the LOC.