My Car...

SW03ES

armyofone , what would you use to clean ur wheels wth, would you use a alloy polish , and what brand, i have the same rims as you

NO!!!! no alloy polish! LOL.

remove your Center caps. They are plastic. Use eagle one wheel cleaner (or similar)

follow up with a toothbrush and more wheel cleaner, then rinse, let dry, wax with a cleaner wax, then apply Zoop seal or similar sealant. (google Zoop seal to find kits for sale)

my wheels look that ggood after every wash, and i only wax them once a year.

DO NOT USE th wheel cleaner on the center caps.

here are better pics of a clean wheel (mine):

DCP02202.sized.jpg

DCP02201.jpg

before you ask they are wrapped in Dunlop SP2 Sports

now, on wih the thread,,,no more hijacking LOL.

Matt- I've kicked around new wheels, but I don't know if I'd do a bigger size. One of my favorite things is the ride and I'd hate to spoil it. The wheels actually don't look that small on the car in person, some reason it just comes across that way in pictures. What the car really needs is about a 1" drop.

lowering it would be even better mate B)

couldn't you ask to test drive an ES on 17"s - see how much the ride quality drops?

I know what you mean about the weather being bad, its been so bad here I've actyally run it through the CAR WASH a couple times...GASP!

never put it through a car wash - there is a place by me that does it all by hand.

dont do too bad a job either

43600015_G_001.sized.jpg

The 2005 ES' have 17s and I drove one, there is a difference in the ride, bumps and expansion joints are a little sharper etc. I kick it around from time to time. If I did 17s I know just the wheels I'd use too...

Actually I've had worse luck with letting other people hand wash it than I've had running it through the carwash. The wash I usually use is whats called a Laserwash it just uses high pressure jets of water and doesn't have any cleaning media that touches the car. They don't work very well though and I've run it through a brushless wash a couple times.

I've learned that the only way to wash it is to wash it myself.

GS is lookin good!