Leak Inside 97 Es300

IlyaIlya

Hey guys, well i m posting again about my leak, after i dried everything up, i poured like 5 buckets of water on my car, looked inside, NO LEAK, going to wash it as well and check after, but it seems there is no leak and drains work fine.

SO HOW DID IT GET THERE BEFORE?

My guess is one time i was standing where there was a high level of water on street and it seeped in.

Also when it rained hard i drove car on right side where there was a lot of water on street.

can water some how get in from outside if u go through a it?? can it get in somehow through the bottom of car or front?

the leak was found only in front pass side under the carpet

any ideas?

thanx

Ilya

Hmm... have you checked your front passenger door rubber seals? They're a black rubber tubing that surrounds the door. If it's really cracked, loose or missing that may be the reason why you only get flooding when you drive through a deep puddle.

SKperformance a place like that in nyc would charge an arm and a leg ;) i mean how will they find leak if there is no water in car now, after i dried it, i ll turn on heat/ac and see if that causes anything as well if not, then i ll just put carpet back and forget about it, duno how it got there b4 though ; ( .

also firewall seems mint . (now that i think about it, they cleaned engine pretty well , maybe while doing so the water got in while they were using the power washer or w/e they use to clean engine bay) but i would have notised water earlier when i gotten it. since i drove it for like few month b4 feeling the carpet being wet) . for now only explenations could be AC . but i ll know when i use it, but i know for fact that when i used it water was leaking outside so it seems to work fine. :shrug :

what is intake tubing? and how is that related?

vcv10guy : no rubber seals seem just fine, not dry and look perfect to me . i had leak there in my bonneville a while back, i replaced them and it still leaked, had to silicone and *BLEEP* heh. but es300 has nice one's that are not loose or anything.

thanx guys, time will show, ill let u guys know

i have quick question also, would bad IACV or egr cause MPG to drop? just curious

thanx again

could be many things

evap core if summerusing the a/c

the intake tubing

a hole in the firewall

a rubber plug missing

look in the yellow pages for an automotive leak repair place, most are mobile and can find leaks pretty easily.

IACV would cause hard restartability when the car is warm. As far as the IACV and EGR causing decreased fuel economy, I'm not too sure. Hopefully somebody can answer your question, or if not look up those items in the search engine or even the words fuel economy. Something is bound to pop up.

I have a 97 Es and have encountered the same problem. But I'm sorry to say that I have yet to find someone to fix it. The Toyota and Lexus dealership told me that it was the sunroof drainage but they couldn't confirm it without taking apart my car for a ridiculous amount of money. As time has passed the water isn't as deep anymore and I just keep the carpet dry. :blushing:

IACV would cause hard restartability when the car is warm.  As far as the IACV and EGR causing decreased fuel economy, I'm not too sure.  Hopefully somebody can answer your question, or if not look up those items in the search engine or even the words fuel economy.  Something is bound to pop up.

A clogged EGR could effect it i imagine, but only marginally. an IACV wouldnt affect it i wouldnt think. but i dont know much about your car, only mine and domestics. :)