E-mail Address For Lexus Usa?

bobdragon282

Hello,

My 99 RX300 is having the problem described in TSB SU002-99: Front Suspension Support - Noise.

My dealer told me since it's not a recall and I don't have my regular maintenance (oil change) at their dealership, they are not going to fix it for free (or out of "goodwill"). Obviuosly, my warranty has expired (but my car has only 51K miles)...

I intend to write Lexus USA an e-mail and copy to BBB or some kind of consumer protection org. for help - I think there are enough people having this problem and Lexus should fix it at no cost to the owners. In addition, this is a design flaw after all!

Please post the e-mail address for Lexus USA if you knew it. Thanks in advance for the information.

It has been my experience that you will obtain better results by sending a courteous, well composed business format letter describing your problem and desired remedy instead of a much less formal email. (Just my humble opinion).

Their mailing address in Torrance is posted on their web site.

Toyota and its Lexus division seem to have taken quite a firm stand on not fixing front suspension noise problems for owners who drive few miles per year and whose basic warranties have expired.

We got a similar response on a front suspension noise problem on my wife's 98 Camry when we asked Toyota to apply a similar TSB for free shortly after the basic warranty expired.

I was told by the local dealer that Toyota had fixed the problem on thousands of 98 Camry's at no cost to owners when the problem was reported during the basic warranty period. Because my wife drives very few miles per year, the problem became really bad after the warranty expired although we had noticed a little noise during the warranty period. Although it doesn't seem fair I guess manufacturers have to draw the line somewhere. But even the dealer seem surprised that Toyota refused to fix the problem for free.

Still, we are talking about Toyota - the most successful car manufacturer in the world and a company famous for quality. I was a surprised and disappointed at their harsh stance.

• 3 weeks later...
Verbal communications can be conviently forgotten, written ones, email, fax, have transmittal trails.

E-mail worked!

After several e-mail exchanges with Lexus Cust Service, I took my RX300 to the dealer this morning. I showed them a print out of e-mail and a copy of the TSB, the service dept. manager told me immediately that they will apply "Goodwill" for me and repair it for free.

However, I still paid $108 for 4-wheels alignment - which is needed for my RX300 anyway... (I believe someone posted in another thread that alignment should be covered with this work, but... I'm already happy for paying nothing on a $400+ job - especially I don't use dealers for my regular maintenance ;) ).

The noise is gone!

Glad to see that you finally received the front strut mount rubber bushing replacement under the Lexus goodwill policy, but yes, you should have also received the front-end alignment as part of the deal. We went through this a couple of months ago at about 72,000 miles and the entire TSB including the necessary alignment was covered through goodwill.

Our vehicle's suspension hasn't uttered a squeak since, regardless of how cold the external temperatures have fallen, so there's no question that applying this TSB is the only way to go to finally get these things to shut up. Just be sure to press for your alignment as part of the package - don't pay for something when you obviously don't have to.