Nav Dvd Worked In My '04 But Not '01 Help

Kort

I have a 2004 LS430 and a 2001 LS430 both with the Nav/Lev option. Recently there was a new DVD released for the '04 navigation as a warranty upgrade. I installed the upgrade in the '04 without a hitch. Then I figured I'd use the old '04 DVD to upgrade my '01. Upon putting the newer disk in the '01 player, the screen said it could not read the disk. I re-tried several times with no success and then put the old disk back in. It now is saying the original disk cannot be read either. I recall hearing sometime back that you cannot revert to an older disks. Is this true? Is there a reset? or is the '04 disk not compatible with the '01 nav??? I'd appreciate any advise to get the '01 back up and running with either disk.

Thanks

Kort

:cheers:

Nope, they're different nav systems entirely and the update won't work.

I do have a quick question for you, does your 01 have the sport suspension? If not what are the ride differences between your 04 with 18"wheels and the 01?

I'm thinking about upgrading to a new LS and I'm wondering about the 18" wheel option.

Thats no fun :censored: , so what do I need to do to get the old disk to work?? I put the old DVD in and the system says that it cannot read the disk. Is there a way to completely reset the system so the original disk will be accepted by the system?

Thanks

Kort

Both my '01 and '04 have the sports suspension (only way to go IMHO) The '04 with the 18" wheels feels a bit more responsive and I can push tight turns a little faster before any tire squeel occurs. I'm very happy with the '04 and have no issues with the '01. Both are excellent.

Are the 17s noticably smoother than the 18s?

No as far as I know theres no way to make the system recognize the original disc once its been upgraded. I'd sell the old 04's disc on ebay.

Are the 17s noticably smoother than the 18s?

No as far as I know theres no way to make the system recognize the original disc once its been upgraded. I'd sell the old 04's disc on ebay.

The 18s are very smoothI think the most noticable difference is the improved feel in heavy corners you stay flatter and it's not as easy for the car to ride up the sidewall. I used to get wear on the tire sidewall on the 17s from pushing through a freeway onranp thats a dropdown full 360 on my daily commute. I have yet to experience similiar wear with the lower profiles on the 18s.

As for the Nav disk if the 04 is not compatible with the 01 how could it re-program the system enough to no longer read the original disk???

Cool, thanks for the input about the wheels!

I'm not sure how it works, we'll have to wait for the input of someone more computorily inclined but the disk comes with a warning "Once this disk is installed no prior versions can be used"