Best Product To Clean Carpet And Mats?

Gumart1

I know that "Lexol" is great for the leather, but does anyone have a recommendation for the best product to use for cleaning dirty carpet and floor mats? I don't own a steam cleaner, but I do have a decent shop vac for sucking up whatever I use, if that's the recommended method.

you can use those cans of carpet cleaner, it dispenses foam and hase a hard plastic brush on the end of it for scrubbing.

i use it all the time works great.

you just need to vaccum the carpet as best as you can and apply and scrub that carpet foam into the carpet, (i add febreez as well) then let dry and vaccum it again, it comes out looking and smelling great.

give it a try.

You may find this hard to believe but the only product I've ever used to clean my '97 LS400's mats & carpet is good ol' dishwashing liquid. I buy Ajax's $1.84 bottle at the grocers. The grease-cutting ingredient & a firm bristled brush has yet to fail me. Once dry, use your wet-dry to finish the job. It'll look like new, I guarantee it!

If you have a large enough washing machine, put your mats in there and just let them air dry before you put them back in the car. I did this, and the mats came out looking like new. I was completely amazed with the results! :D Half way through, open the lid and look at the water. It was truely repulsive!