Rx300 Engine

wing0

i've been looking at the specs from the camry and sienna

is our engine the same as theirs?

all of them are 3.0 V6 DOHC...

hp and torque are pretty much the same, only that we produce a little more...

yet, their car don't need premium fuel...so y do ours need it?

just cuz of the higher compression?

you have a 1mz-fe engine

es 300

rx 300

camry v6

sienna

and i think something else

but all have the same engine

if it has higher compression tehn it will need a higher octane rating to combat predetanation

and knocking

:cheers: I Love The Techron , that's what I used to use all the time before I move do the old west..... They do not have Chevron around here... (Missouri) :(

<_< I wonder what gasoline would be the best pick for a LS400 <_<

94 isn't going to do anything for your vehicle if its specified for 91 or above (all Lexus), 91 in some markets or 93 here is fine. 93 is also what you'd want to run in the LS400.

As for running a car on a higher octane gas than it is reccomended by the manufacturer, you're just wasting money, both on the more expensive gas and the lower gas mileage you're going to get. If the car is designed for 87, then anything higher than that is just wasted.

As for running lower octane gas, you're losing power and gas mileage for sure, and may be causing deposits. My feeling on it is, yes premium fuel is $.30 more a gallon, but I'm driving a $40,000 car, its worth it to fuel it with what it requires. If the fuel cost is an issue, maybe you should look at trading it in for something more economical.

The Toyota Highlander is similar to your RX300, less expensive and has lower compression, so it doesnt require the premium fuel.