Beat Down

Well I knew that my 93 Gs300 wasn't the slowest thing out there, but I knew it wasn't the fastest either. So I pull up to a light and here comes a Sentra Spec-v. And we took off, except he was forever ahead of me. What can I do to my car to make it faster without it sounding too much different?? I wanna be able to at least be a sportier luxury car.

Well I knew that my 93 Gs300 wasn't the slowest thing out there, but I knew it wasn't the fastest either. So I pull up to a light and here comes a Sentra Spec-v. And we took off, except he was forever ahead of me. What can I do to my car to make it faster without it sounding too much different?? I wanna be able to at least be a sportier luxury car.

Buy a GS400 B)

No really you should look a upgradeing the intake at the least. They range from 150-600 depending on you $ flow.

Lighten the car? Ditch all non-esential systems, parts and trim to save weight. But realistically, though, the GS300 isn't a sports car, and many "lesser" cars will easily out accelerate it and out handle it. My suggestion is to avoid races for now, and save your pennies for a GS400. And then you can eat all the four-bangers (and many six-bangers) for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

defintaly start with an intake

I did an intake on mine and it made some inprovement, the biggest difference came when I replaced the clogged up main cat and precats and added a catback. I've heard it's common for them to be clogged on the higher mileage GS's and early years. When they first looked at mine they thought it was fine, then they did some more poking and realized it was definitely clogged. Cleaning the throttle body will help a little as well.

B)