Buying A Used Gs300 Or Lease A New One

Hey guys. My dream car is a Lexus GS300 or really 430, but as long as it is GS. I want to buy one used and my limit is about $24000 over a five year loan. It scares me to take out a five year loan and when the car is paid off it will most likey be about 9 years old. My other option was to lease a brand new ES and it would be realiable and cheaper for the full four years. With the new GS's coming out in May, My plan is to wait about 3 years until I can get the new body GS for about $24 or 25 thousand. Do you guys think a five year loan is bad and then the car is 9 years old or do you think I am looking to far into the future and I should enjoy the car which ever year it is or lease a brand new ES. I can't wait to hear your responses. Thanks

Hey guys.  My dream car is a Lexus GS300 or really 430, but as long as it is GS.  I want to buy one used and my limit is about $24000 over a five year loan.  It scares me to take out a five year loan and when the car is paid off it will most likey be about 9 years old.  My other option was to lease a brand new ES and it would be realiable and cheaper for the full four years.  With the new GS's coming out in May, My plan is to wait about 3 years until I can get the new body GS for about $24 or 25 thousand. Do you guys think a five year loan is bad and then the car is 9 years old or do you think I am looking to far into the future and I should enjoy the car which ever year it is or lease a brand new ES.  I can't wait to hear your responses.  Thanks

Don't buy the ES, get what you really want. If you want a GS go buy it, it will hold it's resale pretty well, even in 9 years, as long as you do your part. B)

Lexus is offering very low interest rates on CPO. I just got a 3.9% for 5 years on 2001 GS300. I traded in a 02 Lincoln LS and got retail of 20,000...yipes lost > $10,000 over 2 years. That is why I bought GS. Car does hold it's value and worth every penny. I wish I can say same for american made, I really do.

Go with GS. You will enjoy it more than ES.

David